IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SmackDown 2015 SpencerRacing :)
8/31/15, 3:04 PM   #1
SmackDown 2015 SpencerRacing :)
Jerry Spencer

I know you are probably getting sick of hearing from me but I have got a couple things to say then I will go away.

Spencer racing wants to give a huge THANK YOU to the FANS, you are the best in the world. It did not matter that we were struggling you stood right next to us. From the time we pulled into the pit's at Kokomo you the fan's made Josh and the rest of the Spencer racing team feel good.
Thank you all for buying a Josh Spencer Tee shirt that really helps to keep us going.

U.S.A.C. What can I say we are a small family team that U.S.A.C. could do without and do just fine, the cool thing is their entire organazation treats us like gold. From the first wave to the time we pull out they talk and treat us with respect and kindness that means a ton to us.

The Media, You guys also treat us like one of the big dogs on the block, Brett Bowman with limited space mentions us and our main sponsors, Dean, Slash and the rest of the camera crew use a shot of us every once in awhile and believe me when I say this it means more than they will ever know. Loudpedal Prouductions you are the best. The guys and gals taking pictures of good and bad nights, I have to mention Dave, Chuck, Dave, Jen, TeeJay, Travis, Lee, Kasi and a host of other great artist that take awesome pictures for us too share. I know I have forgotten somebody and I am sorry.

The Kokomo Speedway. Really what can I say that has not already been said, when the O'Connors took over I was at a loss as I loved the old speedway with four distinct corners and two different straights. The first time we ran there Jack Hewitt put his arm around Josh's shoulder walked him around the track and told him if he could run here he could run anywhere. Anyway since the first time my mom carried me through the gates in the early 60's (60 or 61 I think) I have a ton of great and some sad memories that I wasnt ready to see go.
We all know Kokomo is a motor hold your breath race track that has grown on me and is now one of the best race tracks in the United States. Sure the drivers and fans have something to do with it but it is the O'Connors family and their crew that makes it the best track around. You guys are like family to all of us at Spencer Racing and we really do think the world of you. ( a big thank you for keeping the gates open at Gas City this year also)

Drivers that we race with every weekend. You treat Josh with a respect that is unbelievable, you all have become family to us and you already know this but we would do anything for you if we can. You all are our friends first.

Sponsors. You all know without the sponsors we could never do what we love to do, from The HalfMoon to the people that come up to us and hands us a wad of money for gas or pit passes (over $700 this week) Chris @ The HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery has been beside us in good times and bad times without his help we would be parked. Colescotts Mobil-1 you are also always there, Stida.com Josh will never strap in without your coverage, the Michigan gang what can we say Frank & Jill Daigh you are the best fan in the United States by far on top of that you are a part of the Spencer Racing family, Ryan and Caleb we thank you for standing with us. Simpson, Hoosier, Keco Coatings / Racing for Corey (1-800336-keco) Jeff Donelson, Bud Baity Davespittpassphoto.com ButlerBuilt Tom Chalk, Jeff Claxton. Scott Benic and a host of others keeps Spencer Racing rolling down the highway.

This has been a wild year with a new baby and me being sick we were hoping to turn things around and have a good showing at the 2015 SmackDown as you know this did not happen. I can tell you with all my heart we will hopefully be back in 2016 to do a lot better than we did this year.

A huge thank you to everyone mentioned and to anyone I may have forgotten

Be safe and tell them you love em every chance you get.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil-1
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 9/1/15 at 12:26 PM.

8/31/15, 3:34 PM   #2
Re: SmackDown 2015 SpencerRacing :)
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Jerry I'll never get sick of hearing from you. NOBODY works harder supporting their sponsor, their city and race track then you and Josh!

9/1/15, 12:07 AM   #3
Re: SmackDown 2015 SpencerRacing :)
Scooter23

Jerry - I've never met you in person but have watched Josh and your team for many years, and I believe having a family like yours involved is what makes many of us so proud of the sport. You're the first one to help someone else out and the first one to offer up prayers for racing family members who are having hard time. The sport is arguably better off with people like you involved.

Best wishes for better 2016.

Scooter Williamson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SmackDown 2015 SpencerRacing :)