IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
8/24/15, 4:23 PM   #21
Re: Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
BrentTFunk

I wanted to let everyone know. The Flying Toasters a very good band out of Indy will be playing after the races on Friday.

8/24/15, 5:47 PM   #22
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I wanted to let everyone know. The Flying Toasters a very good band out of Indy will be playing after the races on Friday.
I've seen some really good local bands at sprint car races, but very few folks seem to pay attention.... where are all the music lovers???
I think blues/rock group at Cocopah last winter might have been the best... maybe 6 people watching

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/24/15, 7:11 PM   #23
Nate

Quote:
I believe I read on Kokomo's site there would be some live entertainment on Wednesday night afterwards as well.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/25/15, 12:39 AM   #24
i love dirt track racing

Looking forward to seeing all you guys at kokomo smackdown. Going to be a great racing event. Have fun and enjoy the greatest show on dirt this weekend and stop by and say hello. Great racing families and great racing event. Have fun and enjoy the benefits that we all love. Thanks.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/25/15, 3:21 AM   #25
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Another thing to take note of. Kokomo and Howard county have been given money for extra police traffic patrols between now and Labor Day. They will looking for impaired drivers and seatbelt violations. Try to make sure you don't keep these people too busy.
Hi Brent as a Kokomo Local can you suggest a good Taxi company, and a rough idea on fair from Half Moon to the Speedway. Thinking of leaving the rental car at the track and just Taxi in / out.

On a side note during Midget Week this year we watched a motorbike traffic cop, running the section of the 31 between the Shake N Shake and the next junction. He made a killing. He'd pull a driver going North, head up to the lights swing round and then pull a driver going south, down to the next lights and repeat. Sure the only reason he stopped was due to him running out of traffic violation slips !!
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 8/25/15 at 3:27 AM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Josh Spencer
8/25/15, 5:59 AM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording View Post
Hi Brent as a Kokomo Local can you suggest a good Taxi company, and a rough idea on fair from Half Moon to the Speedway. Thinking of leaving the rental car at the track and just Taxi in / out.

On a side note during Midget Week this year we watched a motorbike traffic cop, running the section of the 31 between the Shake N Shake and the next junction. He made a killing. He'd pull a driver going North, head up to the lights swing round and then pull a driver going south, down to the next lights and repeat. Sure the only reason he stopped was due to him running out of traffic violation slips !!
I will do that as we plan on doing the same thing on Friday.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/25/15, 8:18 AM   #27
Eric Smith

What kind of car count do they usually get for Smackdown?

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
8/25/15, 8:30 AM   #28
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
What kind of car count do they usually get for Smackdown?
I would expect a number between 35-40 (just a guess). Over the first 3 Smackdowns a number closer to 40 has been present on the opening night and as attrition takes its toll along with the qualifying rules for Saturday coming into effect the field dwindles slightly.

However IMO car count doesn't matter because the best NW drivers in the country will be there, at perhaps the finest 1/4 track in the world, it doesn't get any better.
Last edited by Nate; 8/25/15 at 8:32 AM.

8/25/15, 2:18 PM   #29
Jerry Spencer

Well the weather lady and she is a lovely lady at that has hit it on the head again, sunny and in the 70s with a breeze keeping things cooled down.

The rest of the week is calling for the same so if you are heading this way put a long sleeve shirt in your bag or make sure you stop in the gift shop and pick up a Kokomo Speedway sweatshirt.

Chris and his crew at the Halfmoon is stocked up and ready for the racing friends and family that will stop in to enjoy Kokomo Best food and drink, remember the Moon is family friendly with plenty of parking for big or small rigs. You can also enjoy the big screen with MAV-TV if you would like.

Not sure about cab service but am checking it out now.

Be safe and make sure you stop in and say hi at the 66j Josh Spencer / Halfmoon Racing trailer, keep in mind shirts are at the trailer for the low price of just $15 dollars. Bring the little ones over for a speciel suprise.

See you soon

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1

8/25/15, 3:48 PM   #30
PIT CART

I hate asking but can we have a campfire?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown