IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
8/22/15, 3:09 PM   #1
Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
Jerry Spencer

Hello everyone hope you are all safe and having a great day.

For anyone coming to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown please make it a point to stop in at the HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery for the best food, service and atmosphere in Kokomo. The Moon is located on 931 (old U.S.31) just south of Lowes and North of I.H.O.P. As always Chris and his crew are glad to serve you, if you have a motorhome or a trailer please don't hesitate to park in the large lot or next to the resturant anyplace out of the way. The hours are 11 to 11Mon. thru Thur.Fri.& Sat. 11 to 12 Sunday 11 to 11, The Address is 4051 South Lafountain Street Kokomo IN. phone number is 1-765-455-2739 You can check them out on FaceBook at Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery, make sure you tell Chris or whoever takes care of you thanks for sponsoring the 66j of Josh Spencer ( with any luck he will be with us again in the 2016 season as things will be slower family wise and we can race more) The Moon as people will tell you is very family and racer friendly

Ice Cigerettes (spl) or snacks Woody's on the corner of North and Phylips street, from the track go south to the light (B&K) turn right (West)on Morgan go to the T at the stop sign turn left Morgan and Phylips ( South) go about three blocks Woody's is on the left at the corner. Now if you have followed the directions to Woody's you will notice at the T at Morgan and Phylips there is a large park thats open until 11 pm.

K'Mart MacDonalds, Subway Krogers Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and the woody's West location Leave the race track to the South turn Right at the light (Morgan & Davis B&K on the corner) go West to the T turn left (South, Northwesst park) go all the way to Sycamore Street /22 turn right at the light (West) take Sycamore West past Saint Joe Hospital ( it has a new name but I don't know it and don't want to everything is just West of the hospital. At the Corner of Dixon and Sycamore /22 there is a CVS/ WallGreens, if you turn right back North you will see everything you will need from beer and Wine to all kinds of food. Also a beer stop at the corner of Phylips and Jefferson, (Speedway gas station and Souplysbeer and wine) store. You can also turn right at this corner and head West to Krogers/ K'Mart and the back side of all the resturants.

If you need a carwash or oil change just to the East of Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery is Collescotts Mobil 1 on Center Road East of the Speedway Station.

Towing a jump or you locked your keys in your car, Ryans Wrecker and Recovery 1-765-271-7852 24 hours a day, Ryans son raceces Micros and sponsors Josh.

I know I have missed something but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Kokomo Speedway is located 2455 Davis Road Phone number is 1-765-459-3877and on Facebook @ Kokomo Speedway

Weather for all of next week, Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s overnight with none of the dirty word forecast.
Be safe everyone and have fun.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/22/15 at 3:22 PM.

8/22/15, 4:13 PM   #2
rclaridge

Thanks for info Jerry,is there any road construction on 31 for us coming from the south to be concerned with? (we're pulling a 33'5th wheel)

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
8/22/15, 8:44 PM   #3
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Thanks for info Jerry,is there any road construction on 31 for us coming from the south to be concerned with? (we're pulling a 33'5th wheel)
A little around Westfield, nothing to worry about.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, rclaridge
8/22/15, 9:28 PM   #4
Re: Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I'm not sure whether all the roads are open, but I always check my route using the Indiana road condition number at 1-800-261-7623. It takes a lot less time to do that than it does to take a detour when you find out that a section of a road is closed.

5 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, racegal, rclaridge, scottyCbus
8/22/15, 9:48 PM   #5
Tumey's 55

31 is a mess from 465 to Noblesville. However, as long as you are not in rush hour traffic it shouldn't be too bad. Near Westfield the right lane must exit, there is an electronic sign indicating the exit, just be careful not to get stuck in the exit lane. Also, some of you may come north on 421 but be aware it is closed at state road 32 just north of 465. You can get around the closure of the intersection of 421 and 32 by detouring east a couple of miles, then north until you pass 32, then get back on 421.

The good news is that the racing makes minor traffic issues bearable.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/22/15, 9:50 PM   #6
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

If people are looking for something to do Saturday before the Smackdown finale, the kids at the Kokomo Quarter Midget Club will be racing at noon Saturday. The track is about 10 minutes from Kokomo Speedway at 1198 Hillsdale Drive. Admission is free and concessions are good and cheap!.

8/23/15, 10:31 AM   #7
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Hello everyone hope you are all safe and having a great day.

For anyone coming to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown please make it a point to stop in at the HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery for the best food, service and atmosphere in Kokomo. The Moon is located on 931 (old U.S.31) just south of Lowes and North of I.H.O.P. As always Chris and his crew are glad to serve you, if you have a motorhome or a trailer please don't hesitate to park in the large lot or next to the resturant anyplace out of the way. The hours are 11 to 11Mon. thru Thur.Fri.& Sat. 11 to 12 Sunday 11 to 11, The Address is 4051 South Lafountain Street Kokomo IN. phone number is 1-765-455-2739 You can check them out on FaceBook at Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery, make sure you tell Chris or whoever takes care of you thanks for sponsoring the 66j of Josh Spencer ( with any luck he will be with us again in the 2016 season as things will be slower family wise and we can race more) The Moon as people will tell you is very family and racer friendly

Ice Cigerettes (spl) or snacks Woody's on the corner of North and Phylips street, from the track go south to the light (B&K) turn right (West)on Morgan go to the T at the stop sign turn left Morgan and Phylips ( South) go about three blocks Woody's is on the left at the corner. Now if you have followed the directions to Woody's you will notice at the T at Morgan and Phylips there is a large park thats open until 11 pm.

K'Mart MacDonalds, Subway Krogers Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and the woody's West location Leave the race track to the South turn Right at the light (Morgan & Davis B&K on the corner) go West to the T turn left (South, Northwesst park) go all the way to Sycamore Street /22 turn right at the light (West) take Sycamore West past Saint Joe Hospital ( it has a new name but I don't know it and don't want to everything is just West of the hospital. At the Corner of Dixon and Sycamore /22 there is a CVS/ WallGreens, if you turn right back North you will see everything you will need from beer and Wine to all kinds of food. Also a beer stop at the corner of Phylips and Jefferson, (Speedway gas station and Souplysbeer and wine) store. You can also turn right at this corner and head West to Krogers/ K'Mart and the back side of all the resturants.

If you need a carwash or oil change just to the East of Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery is Collescotts Mobil 1 on Center Road East of the Speedway Station.

Towing a jump or you locked your keys in your car, Ryans Wrecker and Recovery 1-765-271-7852 24 hours a day, Ryans son raceces Micros and sponsors Josh.

I know I have missed something but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Kokomo Speedway is located 2455 Davis Road Phone number is 1-765-459-3877and on Facebook @ Kokomo Speedway

Weather for all of next week, Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s overnight with none of the dirty word forecast.
Be safe everyone and have fun.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
Nice of you to let everybody know what's available in Kokomo! Good luck this weekend!

8/23/15, 10:59 AM   #8
I Miss Manzy

Will be there Tuesday, Jerry.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer
8/23/15, 11:17 AM   #9
jim goerge

I'll be there round noon first day ,stop by hotel throw gear in and head to Half Moon for lunch

8/23/15, 11:28 AM   #10
JDK222

Thanks for the info Jerry! I am staying at the Holliday Inn by Half Moon so I will stop by there. Jerry any suggestions on cab service? I know that 31 and 465 is a disaster! I am going out of my way to avoid it. Probably use 421.
Last edited by JDK222; 8/23/15 at 11:30 AM.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown