IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
8/31/15, 7:40 AM   #91
Re: Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I was there and personally I liked the fact that they stuck to there guns and gave the fans what they came for. Now maybe the intro's and hoopla isn't what some people come for but it's not about just a select few its about all the fans. During driver introductions I saw lots of smiles on the kids faces and to me being a grown up kid myself that made me happy. What are you complaining about YOU Were at a RaceTrack! Any bad day at a race track is better than any good day at work! Besides when the races were over it didn't rain much! Overall I spent 4 days at the baddest bullring around and they did a great job again for the 4th year in a row. Thank you O'Connors and everyone involved with Kokomo Smackdown the best 3/4 day this year event around! See ya all at Smackdown #5!

8/31/15, 8:47 AM   #92
metalglue

Race Count This Year: 20
Race Count Last Year: 22

My understanding is the points from thur and Friday are just to get to sat night, winner sat is smack down champ... I do have point totals from thur and fri. If you want them

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
8/31/15, 2:19 PM   #93
Jerry Spencer

As far as the weather is concerned I was worried too as Spridge can tell you.I think the track keeps an eye on the weather using BAMCHASE as one of their sources among others I am sure, Bam is the best in my opinion. The cool thing is it was Saturday at the best track in the country with a forcast clearing overnight so we were racing no matter what time it gote done. They seen a window and kept on track giving us all a great race. I will ***** about one thing and one thing only, it sucks when your kid is not in the feature lineup.

Again thank you Kokomo and a huge thank you to ALL THE FANS

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil -1

8/31/15, 4:41 PM   #94
BrentTFunk

The hoopla separates an event from a race. We got it in and that is all that matters. It was early. I have been places that have longer intermissions at later times. I thought it was perfect.

9/1/15, 12:01 AM   #95
flagboy55

I ain't complaining. Imo, unless they had access to an absolute prediction of the weather, I thought there should have been more urgency to speed things up. Don't get me wrong, on an evening without pending weather, I say it's great. I saw the kids high fiving the drivers, and drivers acknowledging their hecklers and supporters. I think there should be more of this type of stuff. And like Mr Funk says, we got it in. I know this, I was getting rained on walking to my car. If it would have went the other way, my guess is there would be post after post about losing introductions. I am just saying, weather was eminent, and the program should be run on a case by case basis according to conditions. I have nothing to complain about. I love usac and kokomo. Glad I went. Just an observation.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer
9/1/15, 1:18 AM   #96
i love dirt track racing

Wow is all that I can say. Had a great time visiting with the best racing fans and racing families in the world. Thanks to all the great racing teams and owners and sponsors that makes this sport that we all love happen. Great racing events and can't wait to see all you guys soon. Thanks to all the employees and great racing family of the kokomo smackdown.you have surrounded you're self with the best of the best. Thanks. It was great to be in the house for a great weekend.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Welcome to the 2015 Kokomo Smackdown