IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon question
9/1/15, 12:19 AM   #11
treecitytornado

That's right Keith, and I appreciate your time in prepping the track every time we race with you!

Thanks,

J.T. Stapp

4 members like this post: davidm, fish, jim goerge, pushinthecushin
9/1/15, 12:35 AM   #12
Mattmac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
Could a steel block engine be competitive there?
Most definitely, a 305 is competitive there. At the end of the night less hp the better for inexperienced drivers.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, pushinthecushin
9/1/15, 8:50 AM   #13
Re: Paragon question
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Paragon is a unique place that gives a lot of drivers the chance to win on any given night. The maximum laps are nice, the track is always smooth, does NOT eat tires, fairly easy on the motor, wish the payback was just a little better as a $100 start money don't go very far when you buy 2 or 3 pit passes and fuel, etc. I do not believe the $100 has anything to do with it as MSCS pays $100 every show for tow money and it doesn't help their car count.

I truly believe the main reason why so many cars go there is the fact they have a lot better chance to score wins and top 5 finishes at this race track than any other regular sprint car track and don't have to worry about running against the USAC teams. It is nice sometimes to not have to worry about Ballou, Short, Stockon, etc. when you are funding your own deal from your own wallet. Going bankrupt running against the big teams just means another car will be parked in the garage and another team shut down.....Paragon helps keep the grassroots teams going....that is to be commended for not always catering to the bigger races. There are plenty of those on the yearly schedule. Almost every single weekend, there is a big race somewhere in Indiana or nearby.....

My biggest complaint about Paragon (and some other track just south of Paragon) ....they need MORE RACES!! Why would they shut down this early? The pits were absolutely full Saturday....he has no issues with car count at all....I have never owned a track, but from the outside it appears as if it is possible they should be making money every time they are open......why not race when it is still hot and sunny outside....there is plenty of off time in the winter.

If I did own a track, I would run this sprint car format after Paragon shuts down and I bet the car counts would skyrocket. I guess we will see this weekend at LPS.

9/1/15, 1:21 PM   #14
HurstBros0

The old place is fun to race at... You get the same Paragon every time you go through the gate.

9/1/15, 4:06 PM   #15
pushinthecushin

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 10

Speaking of getting seat time, who are some of the drivers that are relatively new in sprints that run Paragon?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/1/15, 8:53 PM   #16
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott101 View Post
Smooth consistent track each week and close to home for me. Easy on equipment and a lot of people there to have a good time. We won 3 features this year on the same RR tire.
That last feature win over Babcock on the last lap sealed the deal though.

2 members like this post: jscott101, pushinthecushin
9/1/15, 10:17 PM   #17
kcarm92

its like a family there if you break someone will have a part or help you fix it not like other tracks or series that are out for themselves jmo sure do miss racing there tracks always smooth and drivers learn how to get their cars better to run other tracks keith has it figured out

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon question