IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Car Series
11/4/23, 11:22 AM   #11
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I’m pretty sure “wailing” has commenced. Congratulations!
Watch for it when the racing season resumes east of the Mississippi.

11/4/23, 12:12 PM   #12
dsc1600

What’s keeping winged racing from being bigger or more prevalent in Indiana is the crowds. That High Limit show was not well attended for having Larson there and it being “championship” night. And apparently the Maverick show had a crowd much worse than High Limit. I know it was cold but they’re paying a good purse and I can’t imagine this guy will want to pay top dollar regional purses if crowds don’t get better.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
11/5/23, 1:14 AM   #13
flagboy55

Another quick question, who on here would like to replace real sprint cars with the winged version in the Hoosier state?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, motorhead748
11/5/23, 8:27 AM   #14
Re: Maverick Sprint Car Series
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Another quick question, who on here would like to replace real sprint cars with the winged version in the Hoosier state?
GOD'S Sprint Cars or SATAN'S Sprint Cars. Which will it be? The battle of the ages!

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
11/5/23, 10:30 AM   #15
Aurora78

I was at the High Limit race and thought it was a good crowd for a Tuesday night.

11/5/23, 10:50 AM   #16
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
What’s keeping winged racing from being bigger or more prevalent in Indiana is the crowds. That High Limit show was not well attended for having Larson there and it being “championship” night. And apparently the Maverick show had a crowd much worse than High Limit. I know it was cold but they’re paying a good purse and I can’t imagine this guy will want to pay top dollar regional purses if crowds don’t get better.
WAS YOU THERE ? I was and the crowd was pretty damn good , stands full, pits full , no parking, cars parking in the pits as overflow and out near main road and it was a Tuesday night . I was a non wing guy for 30 years but ran wing wings when I first started and I hope they come back, they put on a good show.

11/5/23, 3:01 PM   #17
Re: Maverick Sprint Car Series
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
You are right I do not have a car. Contingencies appreciated, the new series in the direct competition with non wings not so much. It will interesting to see the wailing on here when non wing has an even smaller footprint in sprint car racing due to the High Limit and Maverick as they influence car owners, drivers, promoters and fans. I will take a wait and see approach, but it is naive to think that these entities do not have the potential to diminish non wing racing.
I understand what you are saying, but don't know that I agree. I think the Maverick series, could and should be worried about MOWA, FAST, and the All Stars. There isn't much wing racing in Indiana, but we are surrounded by it. I think they would need to get a few of those teams onboard. I think the All Stars may have a more condensed schedule. If Maverick runs 12 races and pays close attention to what other series are doing, they could be successful.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 11/5/23 at 3:09 PM.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, motorhead748, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
11/5/23, 3:50 PM   #18
flagboy55

I ask these simple questions because sometimes it feels like there’s a genuine disdain, one for the other. Anyone who pays attention to anything I’ve ever posted, knows I love both but God’s Sprint Cars are better. I do not however wish any ill will on Mr Abe and his series. I hope it turns into a nice little series to provide a little variety. I can’t overstate how fortunate I feel to have been born in Indiana, the home of wingless Sprint Cars. I hope it never changes. It’s Abe’s money and he can spend it how he wants, I just wish someone like him would dump a ton of money into our traditional Indiana scene. Money buys exposure and that’s really all wingless needs to prove it’s value. And of course it would help if some of the graduates, that went on to the Big Time would attach their name to it, especially when so many used it as a springboard to stardom. My good friend Yeleyfan76 is a testament to the greatness of our racing in the Hoosier state. He and his Dad pack up from eastern PA and drive past countless wing tracks to come to ISW and others. They saw the light and I’m sure glad they did because I love hanging out with them on their trips to Indiana. Long Live Indiana Sprint Cars!!!🏁🏁🍻

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, captrat, Gene Franckowiak, nathans1012, TQ29m
11/5/23, 4:12 PM   #19
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
WAS YOU THERE ? I was and the crowd was pretty damn good , stands full, pits full , no parking, cars parking in the pits as overflow and out near main road and it was a Tuesday night . I was a non wing guy for 30 years but ran wing wings when I first started and I hope they come back, they put on a good show.
The High Limit show at Lincoln Park was not even close to full and that is a small grandstand. They ran 2 shows at Lernerville and Bridgeport (whisper: they were on Tuesday as well) and they had big crowds. Not so in Putnamville.

11/5/23, 5:07 PM   #20
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I ask these simple questions because sometimes it feels like there’s a genuine disdain, one for the other. Anyone who pays attention to anything I’ve ever posted, knows I love both but God’s Sprint Cars are better. I do not however wish any ill will on Mr Abe and his series. I hope it turns into a nice little series to provide a little variety. I can’t overstate how fortunate I feel to have been born in Indiana, the home of wingless Sprint Cars. I hope it never changes. It’s Abe’s money and he can spend it how he wants, I just wish someone like him would dump a ton of money into our traditional Indiana scene. Money buys exposure and that’s really all wingless needs to prove it’s value. And of course it would help if some of the graduates, that went on to the Big Time would attach their name to it, especially when so many used it as a springboard to stardom. My good friend Yeleyfan76 is a testament to the greatness of our racing in the Hoosier state. He and his Dad pack up from eastern PA and drive past countless wing tracks to come to ISW and others. They saw the light and I’m sure glad they did because I love hanging out with them on their trips to Indiana. Long Live Indiana Sprint Cars!!!🏁🏁🍻
Thank you Kevin Newton Abe roofing.
I see you sponsored all 3 national divisions of USAC fast times this year. You own race cars We all saw your cars parked down near turn 4 at the 4 crown. You sponsor race cars and your starting a wing series.
I appreciate your dedication and support of sprint car racing. Open wheel racing is better with you in it, thank you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Car Series