IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Funny How Everything Is Relative
6/20/20, 1:56 AM   #1
Funny How Everything Is Relative
Jerry Shaw

It's not like tonight's Midget Week race at Lincoln Park Speedway wasn't an action packed, outstanding race. Because it definitely was.

The first half of the race had Buddy Kofoid and Chris Windom throwing slide jobs at one another, almost every lap. And right behind them, Tanner Thorson, Kyle Larson and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. were weaving in and out of one another, at very close quarters, for so many laps. Eventually, Windom would get the lead and drive away, but the melee' behind him would continue. I think towards the middle of the race it was dawning on many, that Larson was one of the faster cars in the field, but not the fastest. This historic winning streak, that spanned across two weeks and three different sanctioning bodies, was finally going to come to an end.

And that it did. For those of us that have Flo Racing and also watch Dirtvision, we have taken it all in and that no matter who they've thrown at him or no matter how deep in the field he started, each night he would somehow prevail. In fact, the last time he didn't win was the Instant Classic All Stars Circuit of Champions feature at Red Dirt Raceway in Oklahoma, where he looked to have one locked up, but flat out had his pocket picked by Aaron Reutzel, on a aggressive move, after a late race restart. Everybody raved about that one and I remember thinking "If I end up seeing very many races better than that one this year, then this is going to be a hell of a year." Well, lucky me (and any other viewers/attendees), because it's been less than two weeks since then and I've already seen two. Last night and Tuesday night at Paragon.

But, as impressive and dominant as Windom's victory was tonight, it wasn't quite the heart stopper that those three races were. But not many are.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/20/20 at 9:58 AM.

6/20/20, 2:14 AM   #2
Re: Funny How Everything Is Relative
jim goerge

I was amazed tonight with the midgets racing soooo close quarters, seemed to be inches apart, it also seemed like there was a lot of rubbing happening. I had often heard people describe a race as slide job city, well tonight at LPS it truely was SLIDE JOB CITY. Most times the slide jobs happen with the front runners, tonight the backmarkers were all busy doing them. It was really a hell of a race.

6/20/20, 6:13 AM   #3
tdt636

I've never seen a bad midget race at LPS. That track seems perfect for them

5 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, ronmil, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Funny How Everything Is Relative