IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dirt On Dirt, Flo Racing, & Speed Shift TV possibly merging.
6/24/20, 11:57 PM   #1
Dirt On Dirt, Flo Racing, & Speed Shift TV possibly merging.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Don't know if anyone watched the podcast and caught this or not by Michael Rigsby indicated in the very near future subscribers where going to get Flo, Dirt On Dirt, & Speed Shift TV for $150/yr. This would be an awesome package USAC, ALL-Stars, Midgets, Late Models, Modifieds, and beyond. That would be a fantastic deal.

https://sprintcarunlimited.com/episo...ationals-more/

3 members like this post: duel, jim goerge, stealth43k
6/25/20, 12:10 AM   #2
dsc1600

They already announced the Speedshift purchase last week. On Saturday I believe the Speedshift content will be on Flo.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/flosport...speed-shift-tv

2 members like this post: jim goerge, RockinRy
6/25/20, 12:25 AM   #3
Re: Dirt On Dirt, Flo Racing, & Speed Shift TV possibly merg
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
They already announced the Speedshift purchase last week. On Saturday I believe the Speedshift content will be on Flo.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/flosport...speed-shift-tv
Yeah I seen that announcement. This will be great if it happens. That's a lot of racing for $150 a year.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/25/20, 7:59 AM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Does any of the money from subscriptions or advertising get to the drivers and owners?I havent noticed an increase in purse size

6/25/20, 9:17 AM   #5
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Does any of the money from subscriptions or advertising get to the drivers and owners?I havent noticed an increase in purse size
An excellent question. In the "good old days", TV actually PAID for the rights to broadcast races. You can look at USAC champ car, stock car and Silver Crown races that were televised and see TV money included in the purse, so the racers, and to an extent the promoters, received a benefit from the broadcasts. NASCAR's TV deal is keeping some of their tracks afloat.

I have a feeling some of the promoters have gotten shafted when traveling series have come to town, with their own streaming or PPV deal, and that money has gone straight to the company doing the stream or to the series, but the racers and promoters haven't seen a dime.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
6/25/20, 9:51 PM   #6
flagboy55

I’m not sure we know what the facts are here. I’ve never seen anything official to say the tracks don’t get a dime. My thoughts are that maybe it’s minimal at the moment but I think they’re working on making it more beneficial for all. At any rate you can’t complain as a fan. Streaming of this scale is relatively new, let’s give them a minute and see what happens

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dirt On Dirt, Flo Racing, & Speed Shift TV possibly merging.