IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Offline)
  #31 4/24/24 3:06 PM
Well, Lawrenceburg replaced gas city for midget week, writings on the wall for the others
4 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART, TQ29m
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #32 4/24/24 3:13 PM
See, I told you they cared. We start stirring the pot and we get the answers we’re looking for. We can now plan accordingly.
3 Likes: nodramazone20, PIT CART, TQ29m
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #33 4/24/24 3:20 PM
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #34 4/24/24 4:59 PM
I hate to hear this and i hope it eventually will re-open but I am having my doubts. I live about 15-20 minutes east of it and I hear that Walmart would like to have it since they have a distribution center down the road. I have heard that a truck center has interest, who knows. What I do know is no new tracks are being built and the ones that close fade into memories. What a bummer. I work in Montpelier and unfortunately from the locals that doesn’t sound good either.
6 Likes: azsprintfan1, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #35 4/24/24 5:35 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Well, Lawrenceburg replaced gas city for midget week, writings on the wall for the others
James Dean Classic has also been removed from the schedule from Gas City and now stands as a TBA for September 19. Also Sprint Week has been removed from Gas City on the schedule and now stands as a TBA as well. That pretty much sums it up for GC.
3 Likes: flagboy55, reeserx, tirespinner
mlamb (Offline)
  #36 4/24/24 5:48 PM
Wasn’t all that long ago multiple (Gas City Bloomington Paragon Montpellier THAT) Indiana tracks had very questionable futures. Somehow we got thru that pretty well.
I hope some can step back and realize having a track racing that is not perfect every event is still way better than not having that track exist at all.
14 Likes: azsprintfan1, billw, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oldfan49, Pancho Stapp, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Speedmax3, tirespinner, TQ29m, TQ97, wildman92
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #37 4/24/24 8:30 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
See, I told you they cared. We start stirring the pot and we get the answers we’re looking for. We can now plan accordingly.
Success! Success! Success!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweWu9AvbRg

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #38 4/25/24 12:13 PM
And here's your sprint week info.Lost a race

The 37th edition of USAC NOS Energy Drink Indiana Sprint Week’s schedule has been rearranged for 2024.
The Gas City I-69 Speedway date will not be held.
Lincoln Park Speedway's date has moved to Friday night, July 26, & will now serve as the #ISW24 opener.

Charles Nungester
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #39 4/25/24 12:22 PM
Hopefully the James Dean event goes to Kokomo
5 Likes: duel, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #40 4/25/24 1:00 PM
Stick a fork in it, the track is done for at least this year.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: flagboy55, tirespinner