IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coleman Gulick
1/29/10, 7:39 PM   #1
Coleman Gulick
TeamCGR

Greetings IOW Gang,

We have an update to Coleman’s schedule for this year which will keep him from traveling to Florida for the USAC Opener. This was a Family decision that was discussed internally by all of us, lead by Coleman. This season will be a long, hard fought season that will take us from Coast to Coast a couple of times. We are committed to running the Full USAC Silver Crown Schedule and now, all of the Asphalt Sprint Car Races and many of the Dirt Sprint Car shows.

Coleman participates in Schooling via the Internet and is doing exceptionally well. However it keeps him from spending time daily with his closest friends, most of who happen to be here in New York. When Coleman travels to Indiana, it is by himself and his Family. Not that he does not love spending time with his Family (for Mom ), he still wants to spend some quality time with those that he is closest to besides Mom, Dad and Brother Grant.

The commitment he has made to racing is unquestioned and one that is as high as ever. However at 16, it is a formulative and exciting time in his life. It is tough to ask this young man to spend February through November alone, in a race shop in Indiana or a Hauler riding around the Country. It is exciting for him but also trying at the same time. Coleman wishes to finish out his 2010 Hockey Season with his buddies and then embark on the new season. That will take us to Mid February, which conflicts with the show at East Bay. Some may question this as “he needs to get his priorities in order”. We believe he has.

We have said all along that we are in this to do well but we are going to do it with Family, Friends, God and Fun. Coleman’s Mother and I have never forced our Sons to do anything and we refuse to start now. Coleman is committed to any Team he is a part of and feels leaving his friends hanging now on the Ice would not be in the best interest of anyone, including himself.

Therefore, we look forward to starting our season in Tucson, Arizona where we will compete in the 410 Sprints and Dirt Silver Crown shows and take it from there. For those of you that were looking forward to seeing Coleman compete in Tampa, we are genuinely sorry he will not be making the trip. But you will get to see him plenty during the course of this year. There are some other “interesting” Racing things we are working on as well that could shake things up a little but those are in early stage discussions.

Although this is a personal matter, I felt compelled to share it with the IOW Gang since you have been so supportive of Coleman during our time in Indy. We wish all the Teams headed to East Bay a great trip and look forward to seeing many of them in Tucson and beyond. Thanks,

Pete G.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

1/29/10, 10:21 PM   #2
Re: Coleman Gulick
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Pete,]

Thanks for the info. However, you don't owe anyone any explanations so don't feel you have to explain this decision. Good luck to Coleman and the hockey team and we look forward to seeing you all come spring here in Indiana.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
1/30/10, 1:59 AM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Looks to me like a well thought out, intelligent decision. I certainly agree with everything you said. The season is long and friends are important, especially at that age. Coleman, have fun and I look forward to seeing you later in the year.

1/30/10, 2:05 AM   #4
racefan20

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/30/10, 2:30 AM   #5
ked

Good luck this year! Let me know when you're in the PA/NY area racing as I'm living out here now.
Take care!

1/30/10, 3:48 AM   #6
jdull99

Let kids be kids. I propose a rule you have to be 18 to race a sprint car...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, TeamCGR
1/30/10, 12:23 PM   #7
SpfldMile

I agree completely. I wouldn't give up a play of high school football. Those are some of my fondest memories and I'll have them forever. You can't go back and get them later on. Best of luck to you this year.

1/30/10, 3:14 PM   #8
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Good Luck to CGR!!...sounds like a well thot out plan!!....we'll see ya then,at Tucson!!.......

1/30/10, 6:02 PM   #9
IndyBound

Pete, thanks for the update. Wish Coleman and his team all the best for me the balance of their hockey season. Hope to see you all in Tucson, as luck might have it my plans for Tucson could be chaning, one of my girlfriends called today and she and her son could be coming to visit at the same time as the race. That means I may not be in Tucson, I am waiting for a call to confirm her dates.

All the best for the 2010 racing season,

Patti

1/30/10, 7:46 PM   #10
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Greetings IOW Gang,

We have an update to Coleman’s schedule for this year which will keep him from traveling to Florida for the USAC Opener. This was a Family decision that was discussed internally by all of us, lead by Coleman. This season will be a long, hard fought season that will take us from Coast to Coast a couple of times. We are committed to running the Full USAC Silver Crown Schedule and now, all of the Asphalt Sprint Car Races and many of the Dirt Sprint Car shows.

Coleman participates in Schooling via the Internet and is doing exceptionally well. However it keeps him from spending time daily with his closest friends, most of who happen to be here in New York. When Coleman travels to Indiana, it is by himself and his Family. Not that he does not love spending time with his Family (for Mom ), he still wants to spend some quality time with those that he is closest to besides Mom, Dad and Brother Grant.

The commitment he has made to racing is unquestioned and one that is as high as ever. However at 16, it is a formulative and exciting time in his life. It is tough to ask this young man to spend February through November alone, in a race shop in Indiana or a Hauler riding around the Country. It is exciting for him but also trying at the same time. Coleman wishes to finish out his 2010 Hockey Season with his buddies and then embark on the new season. That will take us to Mid February, which conflicts with the show at East Bay. Some may question this as “he needs to get his priorities in order”. We believe he has.

We have said all along that we are in this to do well but we are going to do it with Family, Friends, God and Fun. Coleman’s Mother and I have never forced our Sons to do anything and we refuse to start now. Coleman is committed to any Team he is a part of and feels leaving his friends hanging now on the Ice would not be in the best interest of anyone, including himself.

Therefore, we look forward to starting our season in Tucson, Arizona where we will compete in the 410 Sprints and Dirt Silver Crown shows and take it from there. For those of you that were looking forward to seeing Coleman compete in Tampa, we are genuinely sorry he will not be making the trip. But you will get to see him plenty during the course of this year. There are some other “interesting” Racing things we are working on as well that could shake things up a little but those are in early stage discussions.

Although this is a personal matter, I felt compelled to share it with the IOW Gang since you have been so supportive of Coleman during our time in Indy. We wish all the Teams headed to East Bay a great trip and look forward to seeing many of them in Tucson and beyond. Thanks,

Pete G.
thanks for the great information we all want the best for coleman and you can not go wrong with the great things that you are doing with him. your indiana fans will be there for your racing team!!! just remeber there is a time to work and there is time to play and we all need to play and enjoy the time to play. tell coleman we are very prould of his family and racing team

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coleman Gulick