IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smack down
8/22/14, 2:49 AM   #1
Smack down
00buckshot

Question about Saturday. With tonight's events raining out will one ticket get you in at 2 Saturday and get kind of a two for one deal? Heard they were going to clear the grandstands after the completion of the make up races. Just curious.

8/22/14, 3:56 AM   #2
Re: Smack down
SteelCore

seperate tickets

8/22/14, 5:28 AM   #3
cmakin

I would imagine that they will sweep both the grandstands and the pits between the shows. . .

8/22/14, 7:42 AM   #4
awon24

What if you can't make it back Saturday? Just out $25??

8/22/14, 7:50 AM   #5
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by awon24 View Post
What if you can't make it back Saturday? Just out $25??
Have a friend than can't come back either. He's going to talk to them
today about that.

8/22/14, 8:05 AM   #6
newracefan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Have a friend than can't come back either. He's going to talk to them
today about that.
Let us know what response your friend gets because when we asked the owner what our options were because we cant make it back to the track Friday or Saturday he asked us why we bothered buying a ticket . Good luck

1 member likes this post: Hamby812
8/22/14, 11:04 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think we've all been bitten at one point or another, But this is from the Kokomo Website, The first part from the Schedule Page. The second from the Track Info page. It's been there long before people ever bought a ticket.

Kokomo Speedway reserves the right to change the schedule at any time without notice.

The rain check policy is as follows: If the halfway point in the program (heat races) has been completed, rain checks will NOT be issued. If the halfway point has not been completed, rain checks will be honored at forthcoming regular programs. NO CASH REFUNDS. Rained-out features will be run the following week, before the evening’s heat races.

8/22/14, 3:29 PM   #8
captrat

I am continually amazed at the number of "fans" who do not seem understand the long-standing rain check policy which is common to almost all tracks. None of us like rainouts, etc. but it is sort of a situation where it is best to be informed and buyer beware. I have only flown 1200 miles and driven another 1000 to be here and find nothing wrong or inconsistent with typical past and fair practices.

8/22/14, 5:27 PM   #9
flagboy55

I have no problem with the policy other than i was only able to be here on Thursday. Honestly with what i was able to watch before the monsoon, i don't really feel cheated. That said i can make it to next Sundays race and would love to be able to use my ticket toward that. Does anyone know of that's an option?

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/23/14, 1:11 AM   #10
awon24

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
I am continually amazed at the number of "fans" who do not seem understand the long-standing rain check policy which is common to almost all tracks. None of us like rainouts, etc. but it is sort of a situation where it is best to be informed and buyer beware. I have only flown 1200 miles and driven another 1000 to be here and find nothing wrong or inconsistent with typical past and fair practices.
It could be the track that does not seem to understand there rain check policy. As Mr. Nungester nicely copied from there website, here is the policy:

The rain check policy is as follows: If the halfway point in the program (heat races) has been completed, rain checks will NOT be issued. If the halfway point has not been completed, rain checks will be honored at forthcoming regular programs. NO CASH REFUNDS. Rained-out features will be run the following week, before the evening’s heat races.

Obviously the heat races were not over so the first part of the policy doesn't apply. The second part seems more applicable for Thursdays show. The halfway point was not completed (heat races were not over) so according to the tracks own policy, rain checks will be honored at forthcoming regular programs. So for the track to mandate your rain check has to be used for the 2nd half of a rained out show 2 days later seems inconsistent with there own policy. Maybe I'm missing something?? Maybe I'm not a "fan"??

Now I realize I paid $25 for my ticket and if they honored it for a regular program, it would then be worth much less but at least I would be able to see a complete program instead of just 2 heat races. Unfortunately, Saturday doesn't fit into my schedule (only Thursday and Friday did), so I guess I'm out $25. But hey, I got to see 2 heat races. Not much I can do about it. The tracks make the rules and we have to follow them.

Respectfully,
Aaron Miller
Last edited by awon24; 8/23/14 at 1:13 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dkdorkboy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smack down