IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spencer Racing and Kokomo Speedway
8/21/14, 5:54 PM   #11
Re: Spencer Racing and Kokomo Speedway
darnall

Nice post Spencers...I hope all the businesses that support Spencer Racing get over-run with out of town racers and fans this weekend

4 members like this post: cwfan08, Jerry Spencer, Obie, speed bump
8/21/14, 11:02 PM   #12
Jerry Spencer

Well I can say this for the Kokomo Speedway and U.S.A.C. one hell of a try you guys did a great job of keeping the track in good shape with more than one lane to race on and moved the program along the best you could. A ton of people came to the trailer and bought shirts ( we still need to move them as the loan comes due shortly) people handing Josh money and offering help for the 2015 season just blows me away.

Not sure why Josh was not included in some of the stuff going on this week but as we told people we have no control over that, Kokomo is home to us wether we do anything to promote or not.

The fans are unbelievable as even with the rain heading in we had a great time visiting and meeting new people, the other teams will always be family to us and getting together even for a rinout is a ton of fun.

Scott Benic what can I say one of the best wrenches in the states with the All Stars and takes the time to stop in and drink a beer with us, we all missed having you around and cherish the time we get to spend with you as well as the other teams that we have raced with for years.

A lot of people thanked me for being honest about my post with the weather ( all but Cripe and he hates my weather forcast I told a guy tonight that we were sitting in the parking lot at a race track with the wipers losing a battle with the rain when the nice lady at the desk fifty feet away told us there had been no rain and the races were still on, we hung up turned around and went home knowing it was a rain out witch it turned out to be, if it is raining and like today we had a ton of rain over night I will never tell you the rosy story some want to hear.

Friday is going to be a long day for some and I hope we can get it in, during the day go downtown and look around there is a ton of stuff to do, go to Halfmoon and get full of the best food in Kokomo come back to the track and thank the staff at the Kokomo Speedway for all the hard work they put into trying to get tonight in, make a new friend and enjoy the rest of the Smackdown but whatever you do don't stay home because it might rain, the people that took the chance tonight seen some great racing and seen how hard the staff worked to get it in. A dollar says they try just as hard Friday and Saturday to give you your money's worth.

The rain has let up a little and it is time for another warm one so until daylight sleep well and I will let you know what the sky is doing in the morning.

Thanks again for all your support.

Ps Bill we miss you

Jerry @66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook at Spencer Racing
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/21/14 at 11:06 PM.

8/22/14, 2:28 AM   #13
Jerry Spencer

Close to two inches of rain since we left the track, light rain as of 2:23 The good thing is if anybody can pull this off The Staff AT The Kokomo Speedway CAN DO IT, you are in the perfect place at the perfect time.

See you in a few hours, Adam 12 Dragnet, Thriller, Perry Mason and Mr.Hitchcock then a nap, channel 510 Me TV. if you have Comcast.

Since Josh works for Bud. in the Don't Drink and Drive Program it is only fair to mention that there will be check points Friday night so please don't drink and drive.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer Racing
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/22/14 at 2:35 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, speed bump
8/22/14, 12:36 PM   #14
Jerry Spencer

Well with rain most of the night stopping just about an hour ago not sure what things look like out at the track, if you remember the track was under water yesterday and the crew at the Speedway had a very nice race track up until the time the storms came in, with that being said if it can be pulled off the O'connors can get it done.

Today would be a good time to go downtown or to the Automotive museum, or the Haynes Museum at Highland park and of course Halfmoon opens everyday at 11:00am

If you are here have fun if you plan on heading this way do it and enjoy a night of racing, meeting new friends and supporting the drivers.

Will update in a couple hours.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer Racing

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/22/14, 1:02 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They are saying pit gate opens at 4pm Jerry

Probably, like last night all depends if you get any more rain or not.

Good luck all, stay safe!

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
8/22/14, 1:43 PM   #16
jim goerge

Jerry You warning of check points remind me of years ago Eldora telling everyone the the cops in Rossburg setup speed traps

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
8/23/14, 2:06 AM   #17
Jerry Spencer

Just wanted to thank everyone that came down after the races tonight to talk with Josh, as most of you know he did his best to make the show.

Jerry

8/23/14, 9:59 AM   #18
Hamby812

I saw you and josh last night but did not make it over to chat. I'll be in the pits today and will stop by and say hi. Keep up the good work!!

8/23/14, 12:23 PM   #19
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Heading for Half Moon for lunch. Kick-It charity auction went super, everyone involved gets a big round of applause.

8/23/14, 6:32 PM   #20
MIKE HEIMEL

Josh Had A Nice Meal At The Half Moon Told The Manager You Told The IOW Gang About The Place ! Great Food Nice Place If This Rain Keeps Up May Hit It Again !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spencer Racing and Kokomo Speedway