IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City question
10/24/22, 7:29 AM   #1
Gas City question
kb78

I made it to Gas City Saturday night and I'm glad I did, good show I thought. Matt Westfall has left the BOSS series and upped his level of competition these last two years and it shows.
I was sitting in the stands and for the first time I noticed that there is a mound of dirt that runs all the way from the middle of turns three and four to the opposite end between turn one and two. At first I thought that they had buried something and not got it packed down but I think it is intentional. Does anyone know the purpose of this mound of dirt? Shoot, it may have been there for years and I never noticed it before. Obviously this is not an important question but I am curious.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, tirespinner
10/24/22, 7:33 AM   #2
Re: Gas City question
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
I made it to Gas City Saturday night and I'm glad I did, good show I thought. Matt Westfall has left the BOSS series and upped his level of competition these last two years and it shows.
I was sitting in the stands and for the first time I noticed that there is a mound of dirt that runs all the way from the middle of turns three and four to the opposite end between turn one and two. At first I thought that they had buried something and not got it packed down but I think it is intentional. Does anyone know the purpose of this mound of dirt? Shoot, it may have been there for years and I never noticed it before. Obviously this is not an important question but I am curious.
Hmm, good question, actually. It has been there as long as I have been going to and shooting at Gas City (only since 2005). Like you, I have no idea.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/24/22, 8:37 AM   #3
Re: Gas City question
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I think it's to keep cars from cutting through the infield; at the driver's meetings Larry always mentions how much Jack Himelick (the track owner) wants to keep the infield grass nice and you better not be doing anything to mess it up if you get off track.
It is one of the nicest infields in the country...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 10/25/22 at 5:44 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City question