IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway
12/5/23, 10:49 AM   #11
Re: USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't get the rant. You like em, Watch, You don't why worry about it?

I do agree that there needs to be more effort toward making racing, MUST SEE. As far as the crowns, I've seen good races both dirt and pavement, also some snoozers. It's a different kind.

Im not to keen on Midgets anymore. I mean if one were smart they'd stay away from everyone else and get top tens every night vs being wadded up.

12/5/23, 1:46 PM   #12
Grocery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
5 support classes of junk? WTH
I didn't know late models were considered junk. The Snowball Derby just had 130 late models in Pensacola and I doubt they were considered junk.

Ossuks has got this right. Silver Crown has such a limited older demographic following and pavement racing has probably 6 cars that can win. What is a purse for a Silver Crown race.....$80,000? Add in the support classes and a promoter is probably looking at a $95,000 purse that night.

We get a new track added to the SC schedule and the next thing we see is someone complaining about 5 support classes of junk. I don't get it. Be lucky SC got a new track added, no matter how they pulled it off. Let's hope it's a profitable night for them.

5 members like this post: 767, dirtybob29, jonboat15, progressive22, TNRustler
12/5/23, 2:24 PM   #13
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
I didn't know late models were considered junk. The Snowball Derby just had 130 late models in Pensacola and I doubt they were considered junk.

Ossuks has got this right. Silver Crown has such a limited older demographic following and pavement racing has probably 6 cars that can win. What is a purse for a Silver Crown race.....$80,000? Add in the support classes and a promoter is probably looking at a $95,000 purse that night.

We get a new track added to the SC schedule and the next thing we see is someone complaining about 5 support classes of junk. I don't get it. Be lucky SC got a new track added, no matter how they pulled it off. Let's hope it's a profitable night for them.
The purse is not even close to $80,000. Maybe half that at most. Here’s an idea, run all the support classes the night before, and the crown cars the next day. A day race wouldn’t have to compete against all the other tracks in Pennsylvania and you might get a good crowd. Have 1 or 2 of the most profitable support classes run both shows.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/5/23, 2:47 PM   #14

Quote:
The purse is not even close to $80,000. Maybe half that at most. Here’s an idea, run all the support classes the night before, and the crown cars the next day. A day race wouldn’t have to compete against all the other tracks in Pennsylvania and you might get a good crowd. Have 1 or 2 of the most profitable support classes run both shows.
or just run the support classes after the crown feature. Look at your cost this way.... if the purse is $40,000 you have to sell 2000 tickets @ $20 to break even. Thats just on the purse. To get that 2000 fans, I bet the promoter will spend $10,000 just in advertising. This is not a series that sells itself. My number 1 complaint about USAC for years, no big advertising machine behind them. like WOO or not, there is a big PR machine behind them. I'm lucky to make 1 WOO race a year, but I still see advertising multiple time each week.

2 members like this post: dirtybob29, PIT CART
12/5/23, 2:51 PM   #15
Grocery Guy

Quote:
$40,0000 for a Silver Crown purse? Seriously? Someone needs to verify that. I'm throwing in all the expenses, too.

12/5/23, 4:04 PM   #16
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
$40,0000 for a Silver Crown purse? Seriously? Someone needs to verify that. I'm throwing in all the expenses, too.
Last I knew many paid $9,000-$10,000 to win. I'd hope 2nd was like 6? Third 4? So there is 20g right there (& thats only the top 3)...I'd lean more towards the 80 including admin fees/$ towards point fund (possibly), etc...I could be wrong though...

Someone has to have a recent purse they could post &/or add up.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/5/23, 4:06 PM   #17
jonboat15

I've never been to Jennerstown, been by it a few times during its transitions from dirt and pavement but never seen a race there. The speedway is about 3 hours from me and it's on my bucket list and I'm happy to see the Crown cars on the schedule, I wish they would have supermods as a companion division but they don't. Maybe I'll just make a day out of it and enjoy a new track with their local competition and have the Crown cars as an extra treat. I can't remember paying for parking at hardly any race track but if I'm going to spend the day and possibly camp there overnight I'm sure I can pony up a few extra dollars. I don't get to many pavement tracks so I'll enjoy it if all things work out.

12/6/23, 8:09 AM   #18
FrankR63

My initial reaction to seeing Jennerstown on the scheduled was GREAT! Then I come on here and people are complaining and telling them "what they ought to do"
Complaining about anything to do with this event is PATHETIC.
So tied of all the complaining and blowviateing.
I made a trip to this really, really nice facility a few years ago to see the Whellen Modifieds. That track was the closest to me for that series.
The SC cars will be fantastic at this track and frankly any new venue is more than welcome in my book. The complainers in this group need to get a life.

12/6/23, 8:32 AM   #19
kb78

Of all of the USAC divisions, the Crown cars on asphalt is the least exciting to me as a rule. That being said, two of the early races that I am very excited about next year is Salem and Jennerstown because I have never been to either of those tracks and it is a chance to go see something other than Stock Cars there. I don't know if I will be able to make them or not yet but they will be circled on my calendar.

12/6/23, 8:35 AM   #20
miledirt

This isn't just about USAC and Silver Crown, nor is it just about the older demographic of we Silver Crown fans... it's dirt track racing in general. The race fan who is willing and going to pay money to see the advertised feature class main event, then sit on a hard bleacher for six hours and wait for that advertised feature main event to not start until 10:30p or after, those days are going away quickly.

Listen to Sweet and Larson, that's what they've been saying since the formation of High Limit. And, they've backed it up. Their shows result in families heading back to the car before 10p seeing what they paid to come and see

2 members like this post: captrat, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway