Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Marty Davis
10/22/12, 4:45 PM   #1
Marty Davis
John P Huss

A sad day to hear of his passing. Marty spent some great
years running with the Badger Midgets. He was fearless
and a great driver. He sure loved visiting with the kids and
all his fans. His last main event win in 1998 at the Prairie. Thanks for the memories. RIP Marty. My thoughts and prayers with the Davis family.
Best Regards,
John
Last edited by John P Huss; 10/22/12 at 4:49 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtball, interpreter66, ThrowbackRacingTeam
10/22/12, 5:37 PM   #2
Re: Marty Davis
Vukie

Sad news.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/22/12, 5:45 PM   #3
Paul Kuyawa

I had the pleasure to watch Marty toss Angell Parks clay into the pavillion and over the fence in three and four. A good guy. He definately made the most out of what equipment he had. Thanks for the memories.
Paul Kuyawa

10/22/12, 5:50 PM   #4
richie

A story from National Speed Sport News on Marty Davis:
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...ty-davis-dies/

1 member likes this post: dirtball
10/22/12, 7:14 PM   #5
Tim Watson

I remember Marty at Angell Park and Hales Corners when i first got into midget racing. Didn't have a huge budget but he ran like he did. He got more out of a car than a lot of drivers did. I remember how he had his arm out the window with his fist pumping when he crossed the finish line taking the checkers at the Pepsi Nationals back in 1992.

10/23/12, 1:07 AM   #6
jdull99

Glad to see this topic on the IoW forum!

Since his "equipment" was mentioned, I'm trying to recall some of the "last wins". Gathering it was a Sesco in for those '92 Nationals. Wonder if that was an "opposed-4" model or something closer to more recent tech? How about the feature wins in '93 - the last time a "non downtube" car made it to victory lane there???

I know there is more important things for many to be concerned about, but thought some on here might remember.

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

1 member likes this post: dirtball
10/23/12, 1:34 PM   #7
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Sad news for sure. I too remember how good he was in those low budget cars and he even inspired me to get into midget racing. That Canaday/Sesco was an inline, Jason, but my favorite was his Pogo VW. One of the last real fast VW midgets. Unfortunately he trashed it in a horrific flip at Davenport in the early 90's that I have a photo of I took in the pits after. Tough as nails, Marty returned to the track from the hospital in time to sign autographs for the kids, which included yours truly. He was my hero at the time because of how good he did on a low budget. Back when the cars were just as big of heroes as the men who drove them, Marty was a match made in heaven for that multi-colored #76. Heaven is where I hope to watch him again someday, backing that purple, blue, and white midget into the first turn at Davenport and winning the feature this time just like I had picked him to do on that fateful September night back in my glory days of midget racing. RIP Marty.

2 members like this post: jdull99, John P Huss
10/23/12, 1:58 PM   #8
John P Huss

Mike- Thanks for your thoughts.
Best Regards,
John

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Marty Davis