IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > T-Mez and Amati Racing
7/11/16, 10:45 PM   #31
Re: T-Mez and Amati Racing
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Check his FB page and the comments. He admits he said some things he probably shouldn't have and got the axe.

Feel sorry for both team and driver in this case.

Chuck

3 members like this post: cgentry15, jim goerge, PIT CART
7/11/16, 10:56 PM   #32
SprintBeard

Looks like he will be running with Landon Simon

7/11/16, 11:04 PM   #33
streetglider

Kody Swanson seriously ??? LMAO This ISW isn't asphalt or Champ Car. He has been no show when it comes to running with the best non wing sprint car drivers..... He's a cherry picker playing in the minors when it comes to the traditional sprint cars ... IMHO

1 member likes this post: kylezero
7/11/16, 11:14 PM   #34
Stevensville Mike

I know this is a pipe dream, but imagine the buzz that would occur if they called up a Jac Haudenschild to wheel the 66. Or a Sammy Swindell. Or, for Bloomington.... Steve Kinser.

None of these guys are really chasing any points anywhere but they are all HUGE fan draws.

2 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge
7/11/16, 11:20 PM   #35
flagboy55

Streetglider, I wouldn't be quite that harsh but I agree with your point. Mr Swanson is magic in the big cars and seems like a super nice guy but I would have to pass. He might be ok at Terre Haute if it slicks up real bad, the bullrings after that, no. If it were my car I would calling Ohio and see if that Huadenschild kid wants to give Usac a try. He has the pedigree

6 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, rachasin, ryan84, smith19, spicoli
7/11/16, 11:28 PM   #36
LEADERS EDGE

I don't think I"d bet against Kody Swanson for very long.

You don't race at the level he does and be satisfied with missing shows and running mid pack. May not happen immediately.... But after 6 to 8 shows he will be tough .
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 7/11/16 at 11:36 PM.

7/11/16, 11:30 PM   #37
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Well, I don't think it is necessary to put down a driver. If memory serves, Kody Swanson won a $5,000 to win Fremont traditional sprint show this year against such drivers as Ballou, Darland, Bacon, Meseraull, Cottle and Simon. Unfortunately, IMHO, your opinion is off the mark on this one. He has made great strides in traditional sprints in a short amount of time. Any team would be lucky to have him.

7/11/16, 11:31 PM   #38
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
.....If it were my car I would calling Ohio and see if that Huadenschild kid wants to give Usac a try. He has the pedigree
Yeah, or THAT Haudenschild.

3 members like this post: Chase Briscoe, jim goerge, ryan84
7/11/16, 11:32 PM   #39
streetglider

Flagboy I don't disagree with you , SH wouldn't be a bad choice. Sorry if I wasn't politically correct & was too harsh in this day and age. My first choice would probably be Daron Clayton. Having said that , I would also consider a Dallas Hewitt or a Jordan Kinser. Hell, for what it's worth why not a Critter Malone ? He is definitely a wheel man who has earned his stripes on a very limited budget.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, ryan84
7/11/16, 11:39 PM   #40
streetglider

Newport - Sorry I offended you ! But I was just stating the obvious. I do like Kody - but if he had the ballz he would be at ISW running with the big dogs instead of treading in the shallows..... You can only be the best if you beat the best. Just saying

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > T-Mez and Amati Racing