IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > John Memmer has an itch ? Niflis Flip
7/1/09, 4:48 PM   #141
Re: John Memmer has an itch ? Niflis Flip
Jerry Shaw

Now, if we want to talk about young drivers from that part of the state, I don't know why we're wasting our time talking about this guy. We should be talking about Kurt Gross. Now there's a driver that has stepped up this year and is threatening (not in a Memmer kinda way) to drive his way into the next level.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/1/09 at 8:27 PM.

7/1/09, 4:50 PM   #142
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Now, if we want to talk about young drivers from that part of the state, I don't know why we're wasting our time talking about this guy. We should be talking about Kurt Gross. Now there's a driver that has stepped up this year and is threatening (not in a Memmer kinda way) to drive his way into the next level.

Jerry
Agreed Jerry, agreed!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/1/09, 5:48 PM   #143
cmakin

I finally listened to his "apology" (sorry about missing the show, Sean. Much to do down here lately). His remorse just sounds too convenient. If he is sorry, it seems to be more for what has happened than the actions themselves. Well, time to move on. Nothing to see here. . . . . .

7/1/09, 8:01 PM   #144
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Now, if we want to talk about young drivers from that part of the state, I don't know why we're wasting our time talking about this guy. We should be talking about Kurt Gross. Now there's a driver that has stepped up this year and is threatening (not literally, in a Memmer kinda way) to drive his way into the next level.

Jerry
I like Kurt, I would also like to see Vennard get rolling again.

7/1/09, 10:25 PM   #145
OU812

If you wanna put a big grin on Kurt's face tell him,
when he gets to be as good in a sprint car as his dad was in a go kart,
then he'll be somebody!

His dad Kendall was, (and probably still could be), an absolute animal in a 2 cycle open kart.

7/1/09, 11:39 PM   #146
GFMMInc

Plain and simple... If you aim your car (deemed a weapon in this state) in a malicious way towards anyone at a race track be it an official, fan, or other team members. Your ass should be parked for the year. That kid needs to learn. If I did this sh** as a kid my dad would have whipped my ass until he got tired and would have whipped my ass again when he woke up in the morning. Then he would have put all my sh** up for sale.

With myself and other parts of my family that work as officials at tracks. If someone comes at me with a deadly weapon then we may need to have a discussion away from the track. Bring your torsion bar!! You will need it!!

7/2/09, 12:29 AM   #147
ChaseTheRace!

What if, instead of putting a driver back two spots under yellow for rough driving, that driver was docked two spots at the end of a race, after it was finished...

Might be the simple solution...

Chase Barber

7/2/09, 2:21 AM   #148
mcintosh34

Speaking of Kendal Gross. I still recall his home built kart, Bultaco 250 motor with the tranny cut off, side ways at the flagman stand to scrub off enough speed to make it through the corner. If he could have found a clutch that would have held it, there would have been no beating him. Still gives me cold chills

7/2/09, 3:46 AM   #149
zeroracer

I think Kendall used to race against my dad in the 2 cycle open stuff when I was just a wee (no pun intended) lad, I remember going to all the big money 2cycle open races when i was growing up, some BAD A$$ karts back then...

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > John Memmer has an itch ? Niflis Flip