IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates
7/14/11, 5:51 AM   #181
Re: Terre Haute ISW Updates
Rogue-9

Indiana Sprint Week Points Standings:
Chris Windom 262 0
Robert Ballou 222 40
Bryan Clauson 221 41
Jerry Coons Jr. 208 54
Dave Darland 191 71
Mike Spencer 160 102
Justin Grant 140 122
Coleman Gulick 140 122
Jon Stanbrough 139 123
Shane Cottle 135 127
Tracy Hines 132 130
Keith Bloom Jr. 125 137
Chad Boespflug 119 143
Hunter Schuerenberg118 144
Levi Jones 113 149
Damion Gardner 87 175
Bobby East 83 179
Daron Clayton 83 179
Brady Short 77 185
Blake Fitzpatrick 75 187
Casey Riggs 70 192
Dustin Morgan 54 208
Andrew Elson 43 219
J.J. Hughes 37 225
Johnathan Hendrick 35 227
Chris Gurley 34 228
Kevin Thomas Jr. 33 229
Scotty Weir 27 235
Wes McIntyre 27 235
Kyle Robbins 24 238
Critter Malone 24 238
Thomas Meseraull 22 240
Chase Stockton 22 240
Ryan Pace 20 242
Jake Simmons 3 259
Kevin Studley 3 259
Gary Rooke 3 259
Todd Kirkman 2 260
Dakota Jackson 2 260
Ted Hines 2 260
Casey Shuman 2 260
J.C. Bland 2 260
Travis Welpott 1 261
Logan Jarrett 1 261
Matt Mitchell 1 261
J.R. Douglas 1 261
Brandon Whited 1 261
Logan Hupp 1 261
Shawn Westerfeld 1 261
Dewayne Spille 1 261
Mike Weber 1 261
Brett Burdette 0 262
Matt Goodnight 0 262
A.J. Francis 0 262
Chase Briscoe 0 262
Eric Krockenberger 0 262
Brandon Mattox 0 262
Seth Parker 0 262

2 members like this post: davidm, dirtball
7/14/11, 6:01 AM   #182
LocalYokel

C'mon, Critter tore up his own car too. Clearly it was an accident. If the green light was still on going into the turn why whould he slow down? Hes a clean racer and a good guy. Accidents happen...
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: dirtball, RACING MOM, sprint38racer, TommyTipover
7/14/11, 9:28 AM   #183
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint38racer View Post
Windom sure had a strong horse all night,.... and Bloom was super impressive in that rim ride,..... heck of a race all in all

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

on that deal with Critter it sure looked to me like he didnt realize the race was over,.. and ya he should have,..but he and coleman were battling good and clean and he may not have glanced at the flag just watching the lights,....which was still green when he went into one,.. and everyone ahead of him was still in the gas hard till off of two,.. then slowed,.... if you noticed the sun was just above the horizon at end of backstretch and he very possibly didnt see the yellow light on when he got off two and when they all slowed suddenly to get off track he didnt,..... not making excuses for him,.. was a bad deal for both of them,.... but speaking from experience when the sun is like it was you can barely see what you are doing off two all the way to the middle of three and four,.... and I raced with Critter many times in the past and never had a problem with him,.... just my take that it was one of them unfortunate deals that happens once in a while when racing hard and then other circumstances like the sun are involved too
here is a perfect example of how bad the sun can be off 2 and down the back....

2 members like this post: dirtball, sprint38racer
7/14/11, 10:38 AM   #184
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint38racer View Post
watching the lights,....which was still green when he went into one,.. and everyone ahead of him was still in the gas hard till off of two,..
Critter Malone wasn't the only one who didn't realize the race was over. Somebody in the stands tried to tell me the race hadn't ended after I left the stands. I thought I was crazy and had stopped watching too early for a second, because that guy convinced me. The green light must have been on or something. As for Coleman, can he be charged with assault and battery or did Critter forfeit those rights via the driver waiver? We know the teams can't sue each other for vehicle damage, but last I checked, assault and battery is a crime. Will such a legal issue impact the Gulick family's upcoming return to New York? Mr. Gulick, please PM me if you need help packing your belongings for your move back to New York. I'm on here a lot, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly. No one would tear up his equipment or yours on purpose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, either.

P.S. When Mr. Stewart has bullied people at the track, I think all he has had to do is donate a respectable sum of money to a charity and I think pay a USAC fine. So I guess there probably won't be any charges, but I wonder how big the fine will be that Mr. Gulick will have to pay for shoving Mr. Malone.
Last edited by deannalynn; 7/14/11 at 10:51 AM. Reason: addded P.S.

1 member likes this post: RACING MOM
7/14/11, 11:05 AM   #185
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Critter Malone wasn't the only one who didn't realize the race was over. Somebody in the stands tried to tell me the race hadn't ended after I left the stands. I thought I was crazy and had stopped watching too early for a second, because that guy convinced me. The green light must have been on or something. As for Coleman, can he be charged with assault and battery or did Critter forfeit those rights via the driver waiver? We know the teams can't sue each other for vehicle damage, but last I checked, assault and battery is a crime. Will such a legal issue impact the Gulick family's upcoming return to New York? Mr. Gulick, please PM me if you need help packing your belongings for your move back to New York. I'm on here a lot, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly. No one would tear up his equipment or yours on purpose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, either.

P.S. When Mr. Stewart has bullied people at the track, I think all he has had to do is donate a respectable sum of money to a charity and I think pay a USAC fine. So I guess there probably won't be any charges, but I wonder how big the fine will be that Mr. Gulick will have to pay for shoving Mr. Malone.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by localyokel View Post
c'mon, critter tore up his own car too. Clearly it was an accident. If the green light was still on going into the turn why whould he slow down? Hes a clean racer and a good guy. Accidents happen...
posted via mobile device
im sure coleman knew the race was over when the checkered was thrown...crotch critter didnt...yes accidents happens...kiss and make up go racing again

7/14/11, 11:22 AM   #186
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cfan View Post
Congrats to Windom for the win. He checked out early, but following the first yellow, had to elbow up under pressure!

My awards for the night:

Tough Luck Award to the Iceman
The "Take Notice" Award to Keith Bloom for his gutsy run. He drove his heart out.
The "Where's Levi" Award to Levi.

The big winner tonight besides Windom......The Action Track itself. Great crowd, racing surface decent (for T.H.A.T.), and the racing itself very entertaining and competitive.

And I'll ask the question on everyones mind.....how much for the helicopter ride? LOL
I don't know about you, but I wish I had the money to just rent out that helicopter for the night and did video and photos.

7/14/11, 11:35 AM   #187
SCOTT M

Great track, great racing, and I got to meet a couple of IOW regulars, Mudpacker and Racinbabe - real nice people!

7/14/11, 11:39 AM   #188
Stagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post

If you want go there you could say Daralnd should have been put on the trailer at Kokomo Sat. for trying using his car as a weapon. His actions at kokomo Sat. were way out of line. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his but his actions Sat. night were uncalled for and could have been ugly.

1 member likes this post: RACING MOM
7/14/11, 12:06 PM   #189
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
i don't know about you, but i wish i had the money to just rent out that helicopter for the night and did video and photos.
25.00 for a 60 sec ride...dont know how much video/pics u could get

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

What was the 1st yellow for when windom was goneeeee

7/14/11, 12:31 PM   #190
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
25.00 for a 60 sec ride...dont know how much video/pics u could get

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

What was the 1st yellow for when windom was goneeeee
There was one for a car that got loose and almost lost it. He saved it and kept going, but they called the yellow seconds before I saved it.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates