IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Gapinski
8/4/14, 4:11 PM   #1
Bryan Gapinski
John P Huss

He was announcing Thursday @ Friday at Belleville.
His Mom passed away Saturday morning. Bryan went
home. My thoughts @ prayers with his family in this difficult
time.
Best Regards,
John

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, racefan20
8/5/14, 11:07 AM   #2
Re: Bryan Gapinski
Gapinski

Thanks to all who called and sent messages. I'm a very private person but since most of the information is out there I will share as part of closure to the situation:

I was informed by my wife while announcing the Silver Crown practice at the start of night two at Belleville, KS my mother was suddenly in grave condition. I finished out the evenings events with a heavy heart.

A frantic drive to Kansas City airport in the middle of the night, then caught a flight home. I made it to Milwaukee to spend the final two-half hours of my mother's life at her side with my father, wife and my children. She was a great fan and attended countless number of Indy Car, Milwaukee Mile and Badger Midget events over a 50-plus year period with my father.

Special thanks to: Tim Spillman of American Racing Ministries for your words of encouragement and prayers before leaving the track, The Belleville High Banks Fair Board, Dick Jordan & Dillon Welch of USAC, Wayne Keller and the staff at Infinity Travel in Houston who arranged all the speedy travel arrangements that go me home quickly.

Also a thanks to a few drivers who saw me leaving Friday and talked to me (I wont mention your names) but your private words further increased our friendships. We will see everyone for the Miller Lite Cornfest Midget Classic USAC/POWRi/Badger tri-sanctioned event at Angell Park Speedway (Sun Prairie, WI) on Sunday August 17.

5 members like this post: Crankin, John P Huss, Jonr, Kansasdirtfan, Sprintcarfanatic
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Gapinski