IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vince Welsh out as High Limit Annoucer
5/1/23, 6:16 PM   #1
Vince Welsh out as High Limit Annoucer
Vookie

https://www.highlimitracing.com/press/article/131717

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/1/23, 9:22 PM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Rather hear the race car engines cranked up!

3 members like this post: PIT CART, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
5/1/23, 10:31 PM   #3
Rpracing1

Vince always did a great job for NASCAR. Unfortunately he was not that familiar with the Sprint Car Culture. He is a class act with his parting statement and his continued support for Kyle and Brad. Thanks Vince!

5/2/23, 6:16 AM   #4
Re: Vince Welsh out as High Limit Annoucer
Hubie48

Shows how 180 out I am. While I don't normally watch winged racing I did enjoy the announcing of the two events Flo broadcast so far.

I don't need a comedian to go along with my racing. The last two USAC announcers have me turning the sound off.

5/2/23, 12:02 PM   #5
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I say this alot. I would rather hear an open mic at the track than any announcer.

If any of you had the chance to enjoy The Master through their app, they had an option to turn on
"natural" sound. Which meant NO announcers. Just the golfers, nature, and the crowd.

This would be perfect i would pay for that feature.

5/2/23, 12:18 PM   #6

Vince did not add much to the broadcast. Dillion is good but not a front man. Like it or not, in today's age of racing, sponsors are a necessity. There is a certain skill in reading team sponsors and plugging series sponsors. The other thing I think several of us forget about, many fans are seeing their first ever wing race. Some attending there first ever dirt race. Good announcers always remember this. In this aspect a good announcer is also a teacher. I understand than not all fans need this. But the number 1 thing that annoys me about IndyCar, is having to explain to the people around me what is going on. I normally do not have to do that at a short track because most short track announcers do a good job educating the fans. I know enough about these events, I did not mind the announcing crew. Its not as smooth as the big traveling series. That was very noticeable.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/2/23, 2:07 PM   #7
azsprintfan1

Much respect for Vince. I thought he and Dillon were interesting together but I get the change. Bring in a guy who knows the brand a little better and can help grow the league. Sounds like it was an amicable split.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, MassiveRaceFan, tirespinner
5/2/23, 8:00 PM   #8
wingedsprint47

Tony Bokoven is one of the new announcers. Definitely a great replacement

5/2/23, 11:17 PM   #9
dsc1600

I like Vince but he didn’t seem prepared in the slightest, and didn’t really add much to the actual race broadcast.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vince Welsh out as High Limit Annoucer