Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > had to post
2/26/13, 1:52 PM   #2
Re: had to post
tamale wagon

2/26/13, 3:24 PM   #3
chop

I think he is a lucky man to be stiil with us. Now are they saying nascar found something wrong with the frame?

1 member likes this post: 1BIGracefan
2/26/13, 3:42 PM   #4
TQ29m

I agree he is fortunate to not have any injuries, but for Nascar to place the blame on the chassis, if they indeed did, is a sham, to me, it did just what it was supposed to do, it saved him from serious injury, think what would have happened if it hadn't separated, talk about a tank slapper! Not to mention the sudden stop. I've now been hearing that the area he hit, is a gate to the infield, to allow large equipment to cross the track, and is actually 45 feet wide, like I said, that's what I've heard, but I'm sure something will be reported in due time. I also witnessed the one in 1969? I think it was, that was covered on live TV, and it was all there, as gruesome as it was, they kept the cameras rolling, I can still see it, altho I'd rather not! Bob

2 members like this post: jdull99
2/26/13, 3:46 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

No matter how disgruntled they might get, always remind your fellow fans not to stand at the fence.

And also a great reminder to never turn your back to the track when they are racing.

5 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, PatrickMead#13, Points, Xflagman
2/26/13, 4:08 PM   #6
wingedsprint47

I'm thinking the frame had to have been clipped at some point for it to come apart like that. Kyle is very lucky and I'm glad he was able to walk away from it.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/26/13, 6:22 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Frame problem or not, If that Gate hadn't been there and it was continuous Chain link fence, The car would never have penetrated the fence and been sheared by the pole.

look at Mike Stevensvilles pic above, The car hit right under that bracing for the gate head on knocking the gates out.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/26/13 at 6:25 PM.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, randy j
2/26/13, 6:42 PM   #8
chop

If you click on the youtube link on my other post above here. You can see the car go into the gate. Just happy it was the bottom-front part of the car that went into it-not top of the car

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Colin Casserley
2/26/13, 7:01 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If you save that picture and blow it up you can also see it a lot better, Looks to me that the only continous cable is six feet up and the other two start and end on the post on each side. The post are also further apart at the gate location.

Just observations, Im just glad Kyle is ok and I pray all make a full recovery. Last I heard there was still 7 hospitalized.

2/26/13, 10:17 PM   #10
racephoto1

The problem with the frame is called a post. They don't come with race cars, but they will kill one. Seen them do it more then once.We all have.

4 members like this post: DaveP63, flyer, randy j
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > had to post