IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another Thing
9/27/16, 6:40 PM   #1
Another Thing
Sprintcarfanatic

Was it just me or did the amount of push trucks seem down ?

I've heard that they get paid by check & taxes come out of that & some won't do it anymore at least there. Is this true ?

I also noticed that a couple of trucks with wooden bumpers & 2 wreckers with the same could of helped push off cars but never did. I do believe these were track vehicles.

9/27/16, 6:59 PM   #2
TQ29m

We as drivers, owners have always been pd in cash, but still get a 1099 form to pay taxes on, why should anyone else that gets paid by the track be treated any different, it is a business, just sayin. Bob

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, tirespinner
9/27/16, 8:33 PM   #3
65 Push Truck

I never got a 1099 for the cheeseburgers and soda pops Tommy gave out to us push trucks guys back in the late 80's/early 90's.....loved every minute of it 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/27/16, 8:53 PM   #4
TQ29m

That was a good payout in the past, I don't think I ever got anything free, but sometimes a burger and a pop would have been more than we got at payout! Bob

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, tirespinner
9/27/16, 9:12 PM   #5
Re: Another Thing
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Was it just me or did the amount of push trucks seem down ?

I've heard that they get paid by check & taxes come out of that & some won't do it anymore at least there. Is this true ?

I also noticed that a couple of trucks with wooden bumpers & 2 wreckers with the same could of helped push off cars but never did. I do believe these were track vehicles.
Just from my experience:
1. Not all trucks are automatics and some people aren't comfortable/able to push with a stick shift.
2. Not all trucks are 4wd. 2wd trucks have a hard time pushing sprinters (especially if they are in any kind of moisture).
3. Not all trucks are in tip top mechanical working condition and may be OK enough to drive around, but pushing under load could be a problem. After all, race tracks are where vehicles come to die lol.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/28/16, 4:56 PM   #6
Re: Another Thing
Sprintcarfanatic

They used to get in free I heard along with 1 passenger. Now they get payed 25.00 ( I heard ) & have taxes taken out. Was just wondering if that had anything to do with what seemed like a low push truck count ? 25.00 bucks don't even seem enough to take taxes out even if you did it 10 times that year. Hell scrapping you don't even have to claim unless it's an ungodly amount within a year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another Thing