IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #31 4/27/22 3:01 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Terre Haute could be a Diamond in the rough, it seems like it’s got the ability to host big time racing with right promoters. Seems to have alot of seating, not sure what the camping situation is there.
It was a diamond in the rough, When it was in rough shape

Charles Nungester
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #32 4/27/22 6:09 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Terre Haute could be a Diamond in the rough, it seems like it’s got the ability to host big time racing with right promoters. Seems to have alot of seating, not sure what the camping situation is there.
Big crowds at Sprint week and plenty of campers there and tent campers too.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #33 4/28/22 1:09 PM
I would love to see some red, white, and blue added to the walls at some point, and a lap counter/scoreboard. All the improvements look great, though, and I’m looking forward to Sunday.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, foytfan, luckybuc97, miledirt, oppweld
terrehautian (Offline)
  #34 4/28/22 2:05 PM
From the action track social media.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, erich45, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racenut69, SpfldMile
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 4/29/22 11:59 AM
Really like the local and racer involvement in bringing the place back up to snuff. Robert Ballou and Reece and others on track improvements. Tony Epperson on painting. Mrs Carmichael etc. etc. They bought some new light poles, I think they were extras from Haubstadt or Kokomo. Hope the ol girl gets in every show this year. Rumors are swirling of a WoO and Xtreme show in the fall.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, oppweld
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #36 4/29/22 4:20 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Really like the local and racer involvement in bringing the place back up to snuff. Robert Ballou and Reece and others on track improvements. Tony Epperson on painting. Mrs Carmichael etc. etc. They bought some new light poles, I think they were extras from Haubstadt or Kokomo. Hope the ol girl gets in every show this year. Rumors are swirling of a WoO and Xtreme show in the fall.
I agree with everything you said, but if i was looking at the TBA dates for the Extreme series that would be up against the Cocapoh USAC dates. Hope I have that wrong. I will definitely be there on Sunday.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, oppweld