IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stensland Motorsports!
2/10/15, 9:56 PM   #1
Stensland Motorsports!
triplexxx

On behalf of Stensland Motorsports we would like to welcome aboard Buds Auto Sales as a sponsor on the #41 DRC race car.Bud Kearns is a big part of helping several teams over the past several years.Thanks again
Brian Cripe

2/10/15, 10:13 PM   #2
Re: Stensland Motorsports!
Blackduce

Bud is what makes Kokomo such a great racing town. How many times have we seen Bud dig deep in his pockets to help the small guy. I would really like to know how long he has been doing this? There were years he did more than one car during the year. Not only a great man. But are real racer. Thanks Bud for the fun.

Lynn
Last edited by Blackduce; 2/10/15 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spell

2/10/15, 10:32 PM   #3
triplexxx

Lynn I would also like to say thanks for the use of the starter.It has been very helpful in the shop.
Thanks
Brian

2/11/15, 5:39 PM   #4
LUCKYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
On behalf of Stensland Motorsports we would like to welcome aboard Buds Auto Sales as a sponsor on the #41 DRC race car.Bud Kearns is a big part of helping several teams over the past several years.Thanks again
Brian Cripe
Brian Did you guys come up with a driver? if so who

2/11/15, 7:39 PM   #5
triplexxx

Bryan Clauson will be in the seat for the upcoming races in Florida. After we get back we are still trying to finalize some deals.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, koolaid89, LUCKYONE, mc/rider
2/12/15, 3:53 AM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

If you two cant agree on the spelling of your names (Bryan/Brian) how will you ever get along in the pits

4 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, triplexxx
2/13/15, 10:47 PM   #7
REALDEAL

Long story short..... I met Bud in a hotel bar in Tampa, FL in the early '90s. He was with Sir Roscoe Jarrett and some other fans from the Kokomo area. Roscoe introduced us and hinted that I should talk to Bud about sponsoring my brother-in-law, Mike Mann. Bud and I talked and came up with a figure that sounded good..had a "few" more beverages, and then we all headed to Eastbay.
After returning to Indiana (we didn't have cell phones back in the old days... Lol) I told Mike he should stop in and talk to Bud and, the rest is history....

4 members like this post: Blackduce, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, tj39
2/15/15, 12:06 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

From his FB page. Don't now i this is summer only or what

Frank Flud
February 11 at 9:23am ·

I am very grateful to officially announce I will be piloting Dave Stenslands 410 non wing sprintcar in a partial schedule this year. This is a definite dream come true for me there's no way I could list all the people that have helped me get to this point but I want to thank each and every one of you with a huge thank you because with out any of you I wouldn't be where I am today.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
2/16/15, 1:52 AM   #9
dstensland

Stensland Motorsports has had two cars rebuilt and updated over the winter at Brian Cripe's shop in Frankfort, Indiana. With the help of our sponsors Buds Auto Sales, Pro-Strip Powder Coating Services and Physical Medicine Consultants, we look forward to starting our season competing in the six USAC races in Flordia with Bryan Clauson behind the wheel. The team will be pulling out Monday to hopefully stay ahead of the weather. I would like to thank our Florida crew: chief mechanic Brian Cripe, Allen Brown, Mike Fedorcak, Mike McGee and my dad Dave Sr. for all their effort. I also wish to thank Gene Franckowiak for providing us with a motor for our backup car.
Once we return, one car will return to my shop in Fort Wayne which my dad and I will maintain this summer for Frank Flud to run a limited schedule. At this point we are still looking for a sponsored driver to pair with Brian Cripe to run the remainder of the season. Brian has fielded a number of phone calls from interested drivers but nothing has been finalized as of yet. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Dave Stensland

2/16/15, 10:43 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks for the update Dave! and thanks for supporting Sprint Car racing like you guys do. Thanks also to your sponsors!

Hope you have a great year.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stensland Motorsports!