IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Augie (Offline)
  #1 12/16/12 4:20 PM
The Sandbox at Cedar Lake Speedway is having midgets March 8th, 9th, and 10th.
2 Likes: Puppy, racegal
racegal (Offline)
  #2 12/16/12 4:21 PM
Thanks! That is only a couple hours from me! I had a blast last time I went!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
SETracing (Offline)
  #3 12/16/12 4:45 PM
What size is the track

Posted via Mobile Device
ISF (Offline)
  #4 12/16/12 5:37 PM
It's a 1/3rd mile long. A true oval layout. No dog legs or anything like that.

We've been up to Cedar Lake several times for the big dirt late model shows they put on there, although it's been a few years ago now.

The times we've been there they did a good job with track preparation and ran a tight show, keeping things moving along.

Unless things have changed recently, camping can be somewhat of an adventure, especially if it rains.

IMHO the midgets will put on a good show there. It's definitely out in the country. Depending on weather and rainfall a little side attraction could be tubing down the Apple River. That deal can take on a 1970's Indy Snake Pit flavor. LOL!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
SETracing (Offline)
  #5 12/16/12 6:13 PM
The Arena is 1/3 mile?......idk if they would be racing outdoors at the beginning of March. I think the race would be indoors and that would be an awful big track for being inside.....

Matt Schuck
SETracing 52 and 53

Posted via Mobile Device
latemodel55 (Offline)
  #6 12/16/12 6:19 PM
Who is sanctioning body?

Posted via Mobile Device
deadbird (Offline)
  #7 12/16/12 6:39 PM
ISF, its an indoor track. Badger ran there a few years ago I think. If you want to go tubing you may want one of those heated wet suits....could be pretty cold.

Posted via Mobile Device
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #8 12/16/12 6:48 PM
Originally Posted by deadbird:
ISF, its an indoor track. Badger ran there a few years ago I think. If you want to go tubing you may want one of those heated wet suits....could be pretty cold.

Posted via Mobile Device
Water tubing or snow tubing? Doesn't matter if it's early March. We got about a foot of snow on March 3 this year!
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #9 12/16/12 8:02 PM
We went to the last indoor midgets at the sandbox, it was pretty cool. True bullring style racing, not as big as the Chili Bowl track but still cool. The ventilation was brutal. They had to stop the feature on Sunday to let the air clear, as it was being monitored and went over the limit. I read where they spent $100,000 on a new ventilation system so we are SO looking forward to going back. Highly recommend it if you have nothing better to do.
David.
ISF (Offline)
  #10 12/17/12 12:18 AM
Sorry guys. I took it for granted it was a warm weather scheduled race at Cedar Lake Speedway near New Richmond, Wisconsin.

Wasn't aware there was an indoor venue named Cedar Lake. The term Sandbox didn't register at all.

It's only the second time this weekend I've made myself look really dumb!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.