IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets go West.
10/16/17, 5:30 AM   #11
Kydehart

I think this is a relatively pointless argument. I understand your point of view but ending the season out west extends the season. And I would argue that with 80 percent of the races within a few hours of us that we do get to see most of the championship decided. Just maybe not the final result. As others have mentioned it is a National series and the trip out west and to Florida and eastern storm kind of give it a small amount of credibility. I'm happy they start in Florida and end out west as that is more racing I can enjoy, even f it's just online. I also believe their are plenty of non wing fans out west who deserve to see the championship just as much as I do. And perris is a great venue that continues to support and put up big money. Sorry for the length, I just had a lot of thoughts

10/16/17, 12:14 PM   #12
david mitchell
Banned

How about the last usac race of season at Kokomo and call it the Bryan Clauson Classic.Any arguments.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
10/16/17, 1:02 PM   #13
Re: Lets go West.
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
How about the last usac race of season at Kokomo and call it the Bryan Clauson Classic.Any arguments.
Every time USAC travels it expands it's fan base and the owners and drivers who race there. Look at how Eastern Storm has grown USAC. We started with 22 or 24 cars we now are getting fields in the low 30's. We now have eastern drivers taking their cars west to race with USAC and BOSS. USAC has venture back east with Midgets and Silver Crown on the success of Eastern Storm. Next year there will be a USAC 360 wingless division in the east. This will do nothing but expose more fans to USAC and wingless racing plus you'll bring even more cars and owners into USAC from the east. The same goes for the west. There is a lot of deep history in those Midget and Sprint races out on the west coast in the fall.

10/16/17, 3:39 PM   #14
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

No arguments from me Dave cause I'm in with you 100% IF USAC CALLS IT A NATIONAL SERIES THEN HAVE THE WEST COAST RACES BEFORE YOU HAVE THE MIDWEST RACES AT THE END OF THE SEASON I DON'T CARE IF THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON IS AT PARAGON SPEEDWAY AT LEAST WE GET TO SEE IT IN THE MIDWEST

10/16/17, 4:25 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter View Post
No arguments from me Dave cause I'm in with you 100% IF USAC CALLS IT A NATIONAL SERIES THEN HAVE THE WEST COAST RACES BEFORE YOU HAVE THE MIDWEST RACES AT THE END OF THE SEASON I DON'T CARE IF THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON IS AT PARAGON SPEEDWAY AT LEAST WE GET TO SEE IT IN THE MIDWEST
You realize the weather difference between California and Indiana? Every promoter is looking to run a high dollar late November race. It would be a disaster.

4 members like this post: erich45, fish, Jbaldwin, Kydehart
10/16/17, 4:29 PM   #16
interpreter66

Let's face it ,they start in Florida and end in California for the same reason
WEATHER ☀️☀️☀️
They get to start the season earlier and run longer,wich every driver wants.
I would trade you my 3 home dates for your summer of racing all day long, can't wait for February we were planing last weekend at east bay for February even though we still run through December 🙂
Last edited by interpreter66; 10/16/17 at 6:52 PM.

10/16/17, 4:35 PM   #17
nodramazone20

I just hope the "beetle juice" character at THAT goes west..Not sure who that was, but he got my attention

10/16/17, 6:44 PM   #18
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

Yeah I realize the weather difference I only have lived here all my life but you can race to the end of October here in the state of Indiana Cause there are races still going on at Florence Speedway til the end of October Yeah it's not Sprint car racing it's late models and I have seen weather good here in November too and it's not like they are running like 10 races out there in November

10/16/17, 6:48 PM   #19
david mitchell
Banned

How about the West coast races be non point events.Just money.In other words season ended at Terre Haute.Takes care of your weather issue,fan base gets to see it.Why is everyone so radically opposed to this concept.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/16/17, 7:12 PM   #20
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
How about the West coast races be non point events.Just money.In other words season ended at Terre Haute.Takes care of your weather issue,fan base gets to see it.Why is everyone so radically opposed to this concept.
What part of this concept makes sense other than you think the season has to end in Indiana. Do you not attend any of the shows outside of the area? This constant drivel about finishing in Indiana and coming up with theories to de-legitimize races held elsewhere is plain childish. The schedule is what it is so deal with it. Do you honestly think as many teams would travel west if points were not awarded? The concept you have sounds more like whining cause you didn't get what makes YOU happy.

Big Game Hunter if the weather in Indiana is so awesome then why aren't there more races this time of year? Also why in the spring when the weather is similar temperature wise are the crowds small? That tells me people don't like it when it's cold or damp out. Probably why USAC has races in the west where it's warm. Instead of bemoaning the fact that the teams are chasing a big payday out west, how about concentrating on them racing for big paydays all year long. Now that my friends is a concept.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets go West.