IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wrtracing (Offline)
  #261 4/3/22 3:50 PM
They just reversed North Carolina’s victory over Duke in last nights NCAA Final Four semi-final basketball game.

They found tennis shoe-prep on a couple of the North Carolina player’s shoes.

I thought it was time to lightened it up a little 😁

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, K9Racer, luckybuc97, TQ29m
Rhody (Offline)
  #262 4/3/22 4:31 PM
The problem is, there is no way to prove the tires needed more testing. All 4 samples could have been treated in the same fashion. Also, the original story was that 6 were tested and 4 failed, now the story is morphing into all of them failed. So the answer is, enforce the rules as written, and come up with a contingency plan for second sets of samples if you believe you have a genuine issue. Yes teams that got busted lose money and are angry, but a new policy is put in place to solve the problem. Or you can do what was done, and this leaves people wondering if it is all above board, or did shenanigans occur. That suspicion of shenanigans will never go away.
2 Likes: dshort36, Hamby454
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #263 4/3/22 4:36 PM
We likely won't know the outcome of mondays meeting until the next USAC sprint race, Unless said "Pissed" teams mention it the same way they did their displeasure. Until then, Whoever shows up will be there"

I gave up twitter a long time ago and personally waiting for a better option than FB.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: fish, oppweld
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #264 4/3/22 5:02 PM
Originally Posted by bighd0522:
I wonder if multiple samples were taken from Ruble and Leary's tire?
Both of their tires had known softening agents from the test. Leary paid the fine and accepted the suspension like a man and a professional. Kudos to him and his team. You don't hear any complaints or whining from him. The other team not so much.

The case with these new four are different than Ruble and Leary.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #265 4/3/22 5:16 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Both of their tires had known softening agents from the test. Leary paid the fine and accepted the suspension like a man and a professional. Kudos to him and his team. You don't hear any complaints or whining from him. The other team not so much.

The case with these new four are different than Ruble and Leary.
Its true, both were found to have doping compound in the tires, neither appealed the findings and to my knowledge, never even denied it.

Charles Nungester
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #266 4/3/22 8:05 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Yup, done said all my concerns of who, what, where, what happened etc.

Now will the answers be enough to convince those ticked off to go forward.

What would do so? Some are convinced they're getting screwed and cant trust em. Others were convinced that if you say I was cheating and I wasn't. We'll leave.

As a fan, We go to these bigger shows to see the top 25-30 Non wingers in the country race and compete to see who''s best that night and overal thru the season

I can tell you from the old WoO/USA and WoO/NST days. Somethings missing when several of the best aren't there. Could still be a outstanding show. But there is still the "What if Steve Kinser were here? But he wasn't"
And who really cares if Steve Kinser was there. He left! He decided multiple times the WoO sucked. Then came back. Whether he is good or not is irrelevant. If you leave for greener pastures then so be it. This bit about Kinser wasn’t there so it didn’t count is all bs. So sick of this tired stupid argument. If the WoO was so great why did he leave. If he was so much better than WoO why didn’t USA or NST out live the WoO??? I know I’m on my own island with this feeling, the fact is he left because he felt he was bigger and better. The actual facts were he wasn’t. WoO is still here the others aren’t.

Maybe this challenge by extreme will turn out the same way. Usac will prevail and the other series will fold who knows. I know that whatever event I choose to attend, I’ll worry about who is on the track that nite, not who chose greener pastures.

Obviously some on this board fully back Usac and all that they say. It’s also obvious some on this board have questions about Usac and whats going on. This situation nor this discussion should surprise anyone after Extreme decided to enter the ring. Different groups handling business different ways. Clearly it’s a challenge to Usac as they have been the only game in town for forever. If people/teams choose to move on due to lack of trust then so be it. Usac chose not to release team info and in the court of public opinion that was a mistake. They are handling their business their way and teams will decide what’s best for them. A new series is amongst us and two/three of the top teams from last year left and went wing racing this year, all for greener pastures. Based on that there is some dissension in the ranks. It appears Usac has issues with trust by the teams competing and now with other avenues to pursue, loyalty is not as strong. The fan base sees this as well and can make changes too. I didn’t think a big issue would occur until late June when the schedules have a conflict, but here we are. I don’t think this will be cleared up in a hurry either.
sprint38racer (Offline)
  #267 4/3/22 9:48 PM
[QUOTE=sp6967;550530]when hoosier makes a batch of tires do they send the chemical make up of each batch to the sanctioning bodies? if they do, i would think that info is sent to the lab and compared to the mass spectrometer readings of the samples being tested. now if the samples have the same chemical make up of the batch sample all should be good. the problem is that if someone knows what chemical hoosier might use for rubber softener and use that same chemical to treat the tires, in that case the mass spectrometer will pick up that there is too high of percentage of that chemical in the sample compared to the batch sample. but the teams can argue that there are no foreign chemicals in the tire. i would think that too much of a chemical in the tire would be just as bad as a foreign chemical. just a theory.[/QUOT
sprint38racer (Offline)
  #268 4/3/22 10:49 PM
[quote=sprint38racer;550567][QUOTE=sp6967;550530]when hoosier makes a batch of tires do they send the chemical make up of each batch to the sanctioning bodies? if they do, i would think that info is sent to the lab and compared to the mass spectrometer readings of the samples being tested. now if the samples have the same chemical make up of the batch sample all should be good. the problem is that if someone knows what chemical hoosier might use for rubber softener and use that same chemical to treat the tires, in that case the mass spectrometer will pick up that there is too high of percentage of that chemical in the sample compared to the batch sample. but the teams can argue that there are no foreign chemicals in the tire. i would think that too much of a chemical in the tire would be just as bad as a foreign chemical. just a theory.[/QUOT

My apoligies to followers and to USAC. The information on the chemical I spoke of is incorrect.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #269 4/3/22 11:12 PM
Just a thought. Teams leaving to run wings is irrelevant to this particular situation. KT and Big Daddy were always at the front of USAC races anyway, before this conflict. I might be off base, but it seems to me they’re going after the illusion of more money with wings, in spite of the additional expense, or a new challenge
3Cfan (Offline)
  #270 4/3/22 11:44 PM
Not a technical guy by any means, but can throw out an occasional what if. What if a team used doped tires for qualifying and heat races to improve their starting position for the feature, and then used a legal tire during feature. They would never be caught.

Jon Prunty
2 Likes: oppweld, spankytoo