IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar/USAC Partnership?
10/19/10, 4:26 PM   #1
IndyCar/USAC Partnership?
RoadtoIndy

Anyone know what this is about? Hearing rumblings that IndyCar and USAC are partnering on something. Apparently Levi and Bryan will be on hand at IMS tomorrow for some sort of announcement.

Hoping someone here on IOW will know what's up?!?! As a die-hard Indycar/Open wheel fan, this is exciting!!!!!!! :2:

10/19/10, 4:32 PM   #2
Re: IndyCar/USAC Partnership?
Vukie

From a Tweet @ http://twitter.com/16AndGeorgetown

R. Bernard, USAC Pres Kevin Miller, Roger Bailey, Tony George Jr., Bryan Clausen, & Levi Jones will make an announcement tomorrow at IMS 6 minutes ago via web"

"# They will "reveal a partnership"

http://www.16thandgeorgetown.com/

With Roger Bailey at the news conference, it must be about a connection with the Indy Lights program.

http://www.popoffvalve.com/2010/10/1...cials-from-the

10/19/10, 4:59 PM   #3
RoadtoIndy

Thanks for sharing those details! I'll keep my fingers crossed...

10/19/10, 5:18 PM   #4
racefan20

Randy Bernard will be on for the full hour on Dan Kay's show tonight. Tune in to autosportradio.com maybe he will let the cat out of the bag.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/19/10, 5:22 PM   #5
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I noticed and said something on here about mid season that USAC's trailer colors were changed to those of the IndyCar colors (black and red). Not saying that means there is something up, but it got the wheels turning in my head at the time....still kept it in the back of my mind. I have also noticed that IMS has been putting some USAC highlights on their blog posts. Sounds like something is up.

I'd like to see them partner in some form. Both could benefit from the other IMO. I'm telling you, some of the gap Nascar had enjoyed is slipping. The time is now to close some of that up. I hope both sides can see some sort of partnership makes both better. I'd like to see the old days were a guy still ran sprints and ran some of the bigger ovals in an IndyCar. I lay most of this at Randy Bernard's door. The guys sees the WHOLE picture....some others have not.

USAC guys getting a shot at the Speedway is what hooked me on that kind of racing. That needs to return and sounds like there is actual hope this time. I know the IRL gave short trackers a chance, but some great drivers were still in CART at the split. I'd like to see it all under one roof again.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 10/19/10 at 5:36 PM.

10/19/10, 5:25 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

http://www.popoffvalve.com/2010/10/1...cials-from-the

Road to Indy partnership

10/19/10, 6:57 PM   #7
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I noticed and said something on here about mid season that USAC's trailer colors were changed to those of the IndyCar colors (black and red).

This is like the opposite of the negative black helicopter conspiracy posts.

I think i'll call it a white helicopter post.

10/19/10, 9:00 PM   #8
v8j

it is (^$#!>, :{&#@?/ !!!!! smoke and mirrors some 1 is going to get an indy lights 1/2 azz ride big deal. they usac/irl have put a glass ceiling on an usac/open wheel racer getting a real ride. the last open wheel driver to get a legimate ride was Jack Hewitt/Bob Parker ride

10/19/10, 10:27 PM   #9
bigmojo5

Just an FYI, Tony George Jr., is Manager of Business Development, Firestone Indy Lights.

Let's hope this is not like the Road to Indy deal 10 years ago when USAC champions won tests in an IndyCar, and a ride if they brought a bucket full of money. I believe at least one driver said he needed $500,000 to get a ride for the month of May.

10/19/10, 10:52 PM   #10
Jerry Shaw

Who knows where this deal will end up. Whether, as it stands, it will mean that a path to Indy, from the USAC ranks, will start to open up or not. Nobody's going to know that for sure, after this press conference or in the foreseeable future. Only time will tell. One thing's for sure, though. Just the fact that they're going to initiate such a program means that someone with some influence is exercising some forward thinking and sees the need to change things up a little. Considering the current state of NASCAR, they really do have an opportunity to grab some market share back, if they play their cards right. It isn't going to happen overnight, though.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar/USAC Partnership?