IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IL State Fair Racing 8/17 USAC Silver Crown 8/18 ARCA
8/15/19, 11:37 PM   #21
Re: IL State Fair Racing 8/17 USAC Silver Crown 8/18 ARCA
TEI PR

https://www.facebook.com/usacracing/...2512986523223/

2 members like this post: outlaw-n2, tirespinner
8/17/19, 10:02 AM   #22
TEI PR

Bettenhausen 100 Postponed at Illinois State Fair
Event Rescheduled For Sunday September 22

(Springfield, IL) Steady morning rainfall has forced the postponement of Saturday afternoon’s racing program at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield, IL. On schedule was the Bettenhausen 100 presented by Brandt for the USAC Silver Crown Series. The event has been rescheduled for Sunday afternoon, September 22.

Track Enterprises promoter Bob Sargent stated, “Unfortunately, Mother Nature didn’t cooperate with us this morning. We know that fans and teams alike really look forward to this event so we have rescheduled the Bettenhausen 100 on an available date. We hope that everyone comes back to support the event.”

The Sunday portion of the State Fair race weekend is still on as scheduled. On track action will include the ARCA Menards Series in the Allen Crowe Memorial 100 presented by Lucas Oil and the Sportsman Nationals. Sportsman Feature is set for 12:00, while the ARCA Menards Series event is scheduled for 1:30.

Tickets for Sunday’s event are available at the State Fair box office or at the gate or raceday.

For more information on the event, visit www.trackenterprises.com

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/17/19, 10:25 AM   #23
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

It is only 9 A.M. and you can't prep the track? I CALL B.S.!!!

2 members like this post: racer99, tirespinner
8/17/19, 10:37 AM   #24
miledirt

It IS raining at this moment in Springfield. Yes, it may clear up but you have to think about how long track prep would take, grandstand events later this evening that require setup, etc.

These are such hard predicaments for promoters. Just want to say thanks to Bob, TEI, and USAC for coming up with the rescheduled date. Now it's up to fans to show up and support what to me is the greatest Americana racing division there is!

See you in DuQuoin!

4 members like this post: erich45, mc/rider, PJ Wright, tirespinner
8/17/19, 10:38 AM   #25
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
It is only 9 A.M. and you can't prep the track? I CALL B.S.!!!
Yeah 'cause we all know that promoters just love to reschedule races. They make so much more money that way, right? SMH
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, mc/rider, progressive22, ronmil, tirespinner
8/17/19, 10:55 AM   #26
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Yeah 'cause we all know that promoters just love to reschedule races. They make so much more money that way, right? SMH
So fans like me that flew in don't count???!!!

Flight, rental car, hotel! $1000

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/17/19, 11:13 AM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

No way they pull the plug on this if they could get it in. It was just bad timing for the rain. A few hours earlier and it might have been possible but I know they had a lot of rain and the forecast for the rest of the day is pretty shaky. It's pretty awesome they rescheduled this though and I have several people that couldn't go today but can in September!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/17/19, 11:30 AM   #28
PJ Wright

Quote:

My point is this: A promoter is not going to postpone unless he feels he has no choice. When a race is canceled everybody loses including the racers and the fans. I live in SC so I also have to make a financial investment to see the kind of racing I like. Of course it's disappointing to spend that kind of money with no return but it happens. I learned a long time ago that when the weather ruins my plans it's a lot less stressful to say"oh well" than to try to blame somebody.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, rimrider69, tirespinner
8/17/19, 11:30 AM   #29
SoIllSprinter

Quote:

That is a shame, but we take our chances on outdoor events ran on dirt. How would you have liked to have paid all that money and sat all day and still not seen a show? Bob’s great at his job, he is one promoter who pushes at least four Silver Crown races (that I know of). Without Bob's promotion maybe this division is in real trouble, we have already seen a precipitous drop in miles and I only know of Terre Haute, Eldora, Knoxville, and Williams Grove that are half miles that have run the big cars. The car counts are healthy now, it’s the track count that is getting scary.
That’s a lot of yakking for me to basically say Bob Sargeant does a great job promoting open wheel racing. He gets the benefit of the doubt from this fan.

8/18/19, 12:05 AM   #30
toledo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
How would you have liked to have paid all that money and sat all day and still not seen a show? .
If I was the fan who flew in for the race, I’d have rather sat there all day (at the track) and seen them try to wait and get it in as late as possible. Would have at least felt like a serious effort was made.
What’s the alternative ? Sit all day in the hotel room??
So I don’t get that statement... The least of his issues would have been sitting in the stands all day...

Not saying that the early rain call was bad or not. I didn’t monitor the situation and I’m not in the area. I do also think track enterprises does an excellent job and I’ve attended many of their shows.

1 member likes this post: rimrider69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IL State Fair Racing 8/17 USAC Silver Crown 8/18 ARCA