IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra/mtqrl
7/12/11, 3:57 PM   #1
Umra/mtqrl
racegurl68

Could the UMRA and MTQRL ever join forces again? What is your opinion? What changes would need to be made to make a merge work? Let's hear it!

7/12/11, 4:19 PM   #2
Re: Umra/mtqrl
RedRacer07

Oh boy...open the flood gates!!!

Hope TQ Racing will survive, that is my wish.
I have fond memories of when I played with the TQs (only one organization at that time).
Good luck to all involved

Kerry

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
7/12/11, 4:24 PM   #3
racegurl68

Just for the record, I didn't pose the question to start drama (in case anyone is thinking that). I'm not for one club or the other and have nothing against either club. I have been around TQ racing for YEARS and it is sad to see the clubs divided, the low car counts at races, etc. I just wanted opinions from others to see if there is ANY chance of the two organizations putting their differences aside and bringing back the TQ racing that we all love and remember! I miss the old days when 50-60 cars would show up to compete and you had to work your butt off to make it in the feature. We could have that again if they could get back together.
Last edited by racegurl68; 7/12/11 at 4:25 PM.

2 members like this post: SprintManDave, Xflagman
7/12/11, 6:01 PM   #4
thebus79h

I've said it for years, the word "club" is the issue. You cannot let the inmates run the asylum. Both have good things, and both have bad things, but you cannot let the inmates run the asylum.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
7/12/11, 6:31 PM   #5
treecitytornado

I have been around T.Q. Midget racing since 1982 and it continued to grow to its peak in the late 90s and the year 2000. In 1999 it was 45 cars minimum and up to 60 at times. The competition was at its highest with Terry, Oogie, Robert Nichols, both the Ambrose's, Setser,Arrington, Weir,Mike Smith,etc,and I'll throw myself in there too. In 24 A-Mains, Terry Goff, Jim Weir, and myself were the only 3 to make every one the entire season! Now that's tough competition! We need one organization for T.Q. Midget racing! For better car counts and better competition level too!
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 7/12/11 at 6:36 PM.

7/12/11, 8:14 PM   #6
Race Fan

Even if both organizations got together the days of 50 -60 cars showing up is over.As far as the "club" goes you have several people making the decisions instead of 1 dictator.I would rather have several opinions on how to run things instead of just one.It would mean a lot more to have to earn your way into the main instead of just showing up knowing you were in.My guess is that if both organizations combined you would only get 30-35 cars which is still better than what it is now.

7/12/11, 11:54 PM   #7
tim kelley

I agree with Race Fan. The days of hugh car counts is over. 30 -35 would be a large count. As far as clubs getting back together, I really never see that coming anytime soon. I ran TQ's in the 80's when Bob Lowe was president. Alot of people didn't like the way Bob did things, but it was the same for all. If you want a united group again, alot of names are going to need to change in both group, TQ racing will survive, just going thru some hard times. It needs a person to step up that does not have a dog on either side. Tim

3 members like this post: Downey44, SprintManDave, Xflagman
7/13/11, 8:39 AM   #8
DAD

Competition is good for everything and everyone. If umara made a few bad calls in the past perhaps someone may have said hell I can do it better than that and that is usually what does make things better. Clubs usually have "clicks" in them and this spoils it for everyone not in the "click". Most of us have found ourselves out of the "click" at one time or the other and it does seem to take the fun out of what we are doing. It seems to run a race "club" first you need a strong willed person, three people can never make any thing work right. This person also must be a loveable Ahole (no reference to anyone past or present) if only one half of the group thinks he's doing a good job he not doing it. If everyone gets mad at him one time or the other he's probably doing one hell of job. I don't care if you make a bone head call on me I have had many I did not agree with and just let them go by, but if I see that you aren't making them on every one else Im going to go to the competition and race. Besides what promoter in their right mind would want 60 cars to fit into his already 5 class race night.

DAD

7/13/11, 9:22 AM   #9
TQ29m

Tim, DAD, you are both correct, the "club" days are over, and I'm sorry to say, the "dictator" is in, simple as that, it's a lot fewer people to come to agreement, on anything, and takes out the "good ole boys", and yes, 30-60 cars were too many, that's why the "hey day" died so quick, only one place running, no choice, load up and go home, empty pockets. It is the way it is, because that's the way the owners wanted it, now, at least, they have some choices, and there is a 3rd party starting an "outlaw" organization, which will give another choice, and hopefully, stir more interest in more people getting involved, which is good in the future, it will be like the Sprint cars, look at all the choices they have, they are endless, and plenty of cars to go around. I think it's all good, just too bad it didn't happen, back when we did have 60 cars show up, for a 20 lap, 20 car feature. I like it!!!! Bob!

3 members like this post: SprintManDave, Xflagman
7/13/11, 9:39 AM   #10
Re: UMRA/MTQRL
Shawn

There's going to be another organization coming into Indiana? I'm not too sure that's what we need, but I guess we'll see.

I could go on and on, but I'll just agree what's already been said...lol!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra/mtqrl