IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
groove grabber (Offline)
  #11 10/3/12 9:30 AM
Devastated for ya man, tough loss,I see it everyday, but as Bill said they cant take away the stories

Posted via Mobile Device
Eldora Three (Offline)
  #12 10/3/12 9:39 AM
I am so sorry for your terrible loss. And you're right, even money cannot replace your treasures.
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #13 10/3/12 9:45 AM
Chris I'm so sorry to read this. I know exactly how much those things mean to you.
Darlin (Offline)
  #14 10/3/12 9:47 AM
Thoughts go out to you. So sad.
mortboyz
  #15 10/3/12 10:13 AM
So sorry to hear this, Chris. What an incredible amount of memorabilia and hard work lost in an instant. Like Groove Grabber said, we've seen it many times and it is so devastating to folks. Buddy, at least it wasn't your house as well. Hang in there.
jmahoneypix (Offline)
  #16 10/3/12 10:13 AM
Terrible to hear, Chris! I can imagine what you're going thru! I just bought my second fire-proof cabinet and have all my negs/digital CDs/DVDs stored in them. They're pricey, but I highly recommend them for shooters and collectors. Hopefully you salvaged your more recent stuff.
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #17 10/3/12 10:35 AM
My biggest fear is fire. I can't imagine what the feeling is Chris. So sorry!
bigmojo5
  #18 10/3/12 11:21 AM
Chris,
It will be impossible to replace all of those memories. I can only imagine the pain that you feel right now.
But, let's make some new ones. When you have a place for them, let me know and a set of The Hawkeye Racing News will be delivered to you, hand carried by your friend. I will personally assembly the collection over the next several weeks. If you have room, I will bring them to Fort Wayne in December.
Your friend in racing,
Jim Morrison
2 Likes: davidm, racephoto1
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #19 10/3/12 11:47 AM
Sorry for your losses chris thats sad

Posted via Mobile Device
STP (Offline)
  #20 10/3/12 12:43 PM
Chris,
Our heart goes out to you. You are one of the greatest photographers we know. An irreplaceable part of history was lost.