IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robin Miller is your friend....
6/10/10, 11:55 AM   #1
Robin Miller is your friend....
aceace

This is from Robin Millers mailbag dated June 4th (speed website)

RM: I would say you are very perceptive. Only AJ ran in USAC (Chip was CART only) and today's owners have no idea who Chad Boat, Bobby Santos, Bryan Clauson, Levi Jones (stop me) or Bobby East are or what they drive. Cole Whitt used USAC to learn how to race but always had his eye on NASCAR and now it looks like Boat is headed that direction. I took Randy Bernard to Bloomington the other night to see a USAC sprint car race but it got rained out. He met Levi and Dave Darland and I explained those guys would have been in demand at Indy 30 years ago. That's why we need new rules, open comp and cheaper cars/engines.

6/10/10, 11:59 AM   #2
Re: Robin Miller is your friend....
Jerry Shaw

Robin should take Randy back to Bloomington for Indiana Midget Week. He'll be tearing up that pavement and yard of bricks, to lay down two and a half miles of bright red clay.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/10/10, 12:19 PM   #3
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Amen Jerry!

6/10/10, 2:54 PM   #4
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Robin should take Randy back to Bloomington for Indiana Midget Week. He'll be tearing up that pavement and yard of bricks, to lay down two and a half miles of bright red clay.

Jerry
I'm not sure, it was either Elmer George or Jud Larson who commented years ago that there was nothing wrong with the Speedway that a foot of dirt wouldn't cure. And I've never found any reason to disagree.

6/10/10, 3:33 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
I'm not sure, it was either Elmer George or Jud Larson who commented years ago that there was nothing wrong with the Speedway that a foot of dirt wouldn't cure. And I've never found any reason to disagree.
It was Jud Larson.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, slide22
6/10/10, 3:46 PM   #6
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
It was Jud Larson.
And me. But, Boston Louis (who had procured my ticket) immediately replied that Jud had said it first.

6/10/10, 4:59 PM   #7
short track scott

Robin please bring Randy Bernard to the Joe James at Salem Aug 14.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robin Miller is your friend....