IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First trip to angel park speed
6/30/18, 5:33 PM   #1
First trip to angel park speed
bmemmer

Making my first trip to angel park next weekend. Is there anything around the race track that I need to check out or do? I live in Southern Indiana so it may be a once in a lifetime kinda deal. Any good golf courses or disc golf courses that I must get to between Rockford and Madison. I've already looked some up but It is always good to actually hear some reviews on these things. If anybody else has any good courses that I need to check out in Northern Illionis let me know. Hitting up Putnamville Friday, Fairbury Saturday,Angel park sunday. Monday and Tuesday are free days to do whatever 👍 Thanks for the replies and Enjoy the races this weekend.

6/30/18, 6:28 PM   #2
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
Making my first trip to angel park next weekend. Is there anything around the race track that I need to check out or do? I live in Southern Indiana so it may be a once in a lifetime kinda deal. Any good golf courses or disc golf courses that I must get to between Rockford and Madison. I've already looked some up but It is always good to actually hear some reviews on these things. If anybody else has any good courses that I need to check out in Northern Illionis let me know. Hitting up Putnamville Friday, Fairbury Saturday,Angel park sunday. Monday and Tuesday are free days to do whatever 👍 Thanks for the replies and Enjoy the races this weekend.
We went to Angel Park in 2014 for two nights of the Pepsi Nationals,Christopher Bell won both nights.
Can't help with any golf courses,we stayed at the Super 8,across the street was a restaurant that had a great breakfast,we were able to visit with Tracy Hines & crew,great time.
Enjoy your trip.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
6/30/18, 6:47 PM   #3
sprintracer82

My wife and I got married at Coachman's golf resort up in Edgerton Wisconsin. I'm not a golfer but it looked like a wonderful course. Their dinner club bar was wonderful. Make sure you look out for KO. At 66 years old he is second in badger points this year! I'm sure he will have tee-shirts and books for sale. Next weekend will only mark my second and third race of the year for me. Taking time off has been fun, but boy do I really miss it.
Nick landon

2 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk
6/30/18, 7:08 PM   #4
bmemmer

Thanks guys!

7/1/18, 2:58 AM   #5
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
And I thought I was the only one who played disc golf on IOW. Near Putnamville Terre Haute is a fun course. Heading north, I love Crawfordsville 27 holes! Near Fairbury their is one in Pontiac that's kinda interesting. On towards Madison there is one in Rochelle I like. I played one at Madison once but it has been so long I forget which one it was.

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
7/1/18, 11:55 AM   #6
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I recommend staying at McGovern's in Sun Prairie. The give a racer discount. The restaurant has good food and Polka music on Sunday before the races. You'll also have to buy some Wisconsin cheese and look for New Glarus Spotted Cow beer.

3 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk, oppweld
7/1/18, 5:44 PM   #7
Re: First trip to angel park speed
fotojeff

In Rockford, look into Aldeen Golf Club.

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
7/1/18, 11:38 PM   #8
hoosierboy3

Might not be up your alley, but there is a place called volcano falls adventure park that’s right off of 90 at Rockford. Has mini golf, batting cages, etc. Like dirtfan said, the restaurant has a great breakfast but I cannot remember the name. Sun Prairie is one of my favorite tracks that I’ve ever been to. The people there always seem to be so friendly and welcoming.

2 members like this post: bmemmer, jdull99
7/2/18, 2:35 AM   #9
Re: First trip to angel park speed
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 View Post
Might not be up your alley, but there is a place called volcano falls adventure park that’s right off of 90 at Rockford. Has mini golf, batting cages, etc. Like dirtfan said, the restaurant has a great breakfast but I cannot remember the name. Sun Prairie is one of my favorite tracks that I’ve ever been to. The people there always seem to be so friendly and welcoming.
Uhhh...AND a couple go-kart tracks! One is a "slick" oval & the other is the typical amusement road coarse. If you catch the right kart, you can pretend you are the racing star you ever wanted to be & pass everyone like Kyle Larson did in the Chicago Xfinity race! lol...actually it IS the extent of my 2018 "racing career" (been there one time...). Call or text & if it works out, I'd meet there!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: bmemmer, hoosierboy3
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First trip to angel park speed