IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 8/12/18 Mt Dew Family Day MSCS Sprints & UMP Mods @ THAT
8/13/18, 6:41 AM   #41
Re: 8/12/18 Mt Dew Family Day MSCS Sprints & UMP Mods @ THAT
rapid robert

Thanks Jen for keeping everyone up to date. Really appreciate your posts.

8/13/18, 7:01 AM   #42
dirtcarfan

Hate to stir the pot, but I was at the ISW race I sat in the turn 1 infield and didn’t think there was a dust problem. Folks, it’s a dirt track, hot summer evening, what did you expect? Go see pavement racing if you don’t like the dust!

2 members like this post: rapid robert, wildman92
8/13/18, 9:13 AM   #43
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

As others have already mentioned, track prep was excellent, racing was great, time with friends priceless, racing was over at a decent hour.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 8/13/18 at 9:28 AM.

8/13/18, 9:36 AM   #44
Bill Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtcarfan View Post
Hate to stir the pot, but I was at the ISW race I sat in the turn 1 infield and didn’t think there was a dust problem. Folks, it’s a dirt track, hot summer evening, what did you expect? Go see pavement racing if you don’t like the dust!
I haven't complained on here but in the turn 4 bleachers the dust cloud at ISW was so bad it was not possible to see the cars except when they passed by. I am like you in that I don't want to listen to gripes about dust at a dirt track but when it's so bad you can't see 90% of the track it becomes a problem.I will say we were probably at the worst possible place, with a slight breeze from the northwest bringing the dust from turn 4 directly at us.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
8/13/18, 11:02 AM   #45
Jerry Shaw

The past is the past. It doesn't do any good to dwell on it. Hopefully, they took notes on the process they used to do what they did yesterday. Because if that's going to be the new norm, they're going to be very well liked. There are very few tracks capable of being as exciting as a fast and racy Terre Haute Action Track. I know I'm still pretty fired up about last night's feature!

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/13/18 at 11:08 AM.

8/13/18, 12:15 PM   #46
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtcarfan View Post
I"m glad there was not a dust problem last night, cuz I really do like THAT, but when you can"t see the cars for the dust theres something wrong,, I know there maybe some dust and I accept that no problem. As far as you not seeing any dust I"m guessing you are blind? Are you couldn"t see though the dust My main b#tch was how many years has this promoter been working that track and its always a dust cloud , maybe its finally sinking in that you have to start working it for a couple of days before the race in place of couple of hours before. I"m done on this subject
Last edited by jim goerge; 8/13/18 at 12:59 PM.

8/13/18, 1:18 PM   #47
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEI PR View Post
We are aware of the dust at the Terre Haute action Track and are working very hard to correct it. We have and are trying many different techniques, some of which are working and some are not. We just want to assure everyone we are and will continue to try very hard, including more equipment, more water, ripping the track up, new dirt and even more effort.
Hats off to the staff and crew, track was great. Fast and low dust. Probably the best I've seen. What ever you did, keep it up!

8/13/18, 1:33 PM   #48
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Very enjoyable evening at the races! Anyone who stayed home because of dust at the ISW show missed a great race. I don’t remember ever seeing the track any better than it was last night. Hope this type of track preparation continues.
The modifieds put on a good show too. Brian Shaw really was spectacular moving through the field. If he had gotten a yellow, I believe he would have contended for the win.
Looking forward to the Hurtubise Classic!

8/14/18, 7:05 AM   #49
dirtcarfan

I’m not blind sir(?) I was sitting in the infield and I could see cars in turn 4 fine. If it wasn’t for the press box, I could see the front stretch also. ITS A DIRT TRACK!! There will be dust! Just thank the Lord there was no rain and we saw a great race!

2 members like this post: davidm, Dirtfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 8/12/18 Mt Dew Family Day MSCS Sprints & UMP Mods @ THAT