IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS: Sammy Swindell Wires ASCS Mid-South At Riverside
7/23/18, 1:49 AM   #11
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Well there’s not too many races around here that he could cherry pick from, but if he decides to show up I’d be more then happy to express my displeasures. Hasn’t stopped me before.

7/23/18, 2:14 AM   #12
Re: ASCS: Sammy Swindell Wires ASCS Mid-South At Riverside
revjimk

Hey, there are lot of good racers running ASCS & he's beating them. Anybody in any other sports winning at 62?

7/23/18, 2:47 AM   #13
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Hey, there are lot of good racers running ASCS & he's beating them. Anybody in any other sports winning at 62?
Danny Smith. Won at least one race in 44 straight years.

few years back, Smith adjusted his schedule to predominately run on tracks smaller than a half-mile. Calling Chillicothe, Ohio, home for the last number of years, Atomic Speedway has become his adopted home track. During the summer months, he mainly races in Ohio, a state dotted with a plethora of tracks that host sprint car racing.

7/23/18, 4:51 AM   #14
ryan84

I'm no Sammy fan at all, furthest from it. But 1 thing I do know is you don't Cherry Pick in West Memphis. Some of the best 360 drivers in the nation are around there. Check stats of Tim Crawley, Derek Hagar, and Marshall Skinner to name a couple.

2 members like this post: jdull99, PJ Wright
7/23/18, 4:13 PM   #15
godaddyracing

No doubt about some tough 360 competition in the West Memphis area, for sure! Always had a lot of talent from this area!
Concerning Sammy 'cherry picking' and not being competitive in his recent years, what was that lil race he won up somewhere in Iowa a year or 2 ago? Oh yea, that's right....the 360 Knoxville Nationals. I'm sure that was cherry picking too. He was 60 or 61 when he carried those checkers....

1 member likes this post: jdull99
7/24/18, 12:45 AM   #16
jdull99

With the way this thread is goin, am I the only one who would like to suggest one of them "$2 tests"???
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

7/24/18, 1:50 AM   #17
revjimk

Sammy's also won some Allstar races. Saw him win 2 in upstate NY last 2 summers....

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS: Sammy Swindell Wires ASCS Mid-South At Riverside