IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips on get getting bladder ou
3/12/18, 11:31 PM   #1
Tips on get getting bladder ou
Mikeymike76

Race Count Last Year: 5

Of the tail tank, looking to change the gaskets on my tail tank and not sure how to get it out.

3/13/18, 12:45 AM   #2
Re: Tips on get getting bladder ou
jdull99

Imagine yourself as a monkey & its a football......but real slowly...srsly I think maybe one of those screwdriver type "hooks" for getting rubber hoses off radiators work good if you can catch the threads perfect, so as not to effect them, but it may help either removal or re-installing...I 4get...haven't done it for long time...need to someday...I will await more replies here with any info better than I've provided...possibly a powder or can't imagine WD-40 or some type of spray would hurt...obvsly surgically clean it all b4 re-assembly...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 3/13/18 at 12:49 AM.

3 members like this post: flatout, jjones752, Mikeymike76
3/13/18, 6:29 AM   #3
flatout

About the best description ever

3/13/18, 10:30 AM   #4
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If you just need to change the gaskets you may not have to get it all the way out; last time I took mine out my less-than-hundred-pound wife got dragged around the garage like a steer wrestler, hanging onto the tank for dear life while I tried to extract the bladder. I have to admire her tenacity. I hear baby powder helps (on the bladder, not the "assistant" )...
Sprained my shoulder putting the new bladder back in; that top plate hole is smaller than you might think.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 3/13/18 at 2:41 PM.

3/13/18, 2:05 PM   #5
LRP36

Put a hair dryer in it on for a few minutes...

3/13/18, 3:54 PM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Based on the thread title, these responses are totally not what I expected. 😂😂😂

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing
3/13/18, 4:03 PM   #7
kendirt

I just pulled mine out last week.

Worked the fill neck out a little bit then worked back and forth squeezing down the front corners until I had them both out of the hole. Then both hands in the fill neck, both feet on the front of the shell, sitting on my roll around work seat pulled/pushed like real hard.

3/13/18, 5:09 PM   #8
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Imagine yourself as a monkey & its a football......but real slowly...srsly I think maybe one of those screwdriver type "hooks" for getting rubber hoses off radiators work good if you can catch the threads perfect, so as not to effect them, but it may help either removal or re-installing...I 4get...haven't done it for long time...need to someday...I will await more replies here with any info better than I've provided...possibly a powder or can't imagine WD-40 or some type of spray would hurt...obvsly surgically clean it all b4 re-assembly...
There has to be a better way than the way I tried, or should I say the many ways I tried, maybe that's why they ship new ones with the note inside, "some assembly required"! Bob

3/13/18, 5:16 PM   #9
copper14

when you put it back together cut the heads off some 3in bolts the size you need.put them into the bladder holes .makes it all go back together easy using the studs. do the same thing putting a motor in.CG

2 members like this post: jdull99, Speedwrench
3/13/18, 9:23 PM   #10
Mikeymike76

Race Count Last Year: 5

Think maybe I can just slide the gasket on? I was thinking that too. But I am worried I won't get all of the old gasket off.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips on get getting bladder ou