9. 350
10. 300
and down with $200 to start

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

11/3/15, 2:32 PM   #2
Re: Purse Payouts
DAD

Wayne

With a purse like that who cares. I guess I fall somewhere between "Start" and "Tow".

Perhaps if owners and drivers would ever consider the fact that we are performers, providing entertainment for the folks in the grand stands and not simply prima-donna's racing for their own glory and self gratification, the better off all racing will be. Sure we have stand outs but even they should help keep the program interesting.
I don't care much for NASCAR sometimes they look a little to scripted but I also don't like watching a long line of cars doing nothing but following the car in front of them.

I know a guy that likes 3 wide racing maybe even 4 wide at times so does the crowd. If everyone racing adds to the excitement then they should be rewarded. We need to get away from the back gate Go Kart mentality and start putting on a show for the folks in the grand stands and not just or own Ego's.

Get the track size down>>get the cars all competitive and not over priced, put on a show and expect compensation for doing a good job.

No I am not a Communist just an old guy that thinks racing should be entertaining and just maybe if the purse evened out, the money payed to the racers, the teams with good backing will have just a little less money for their cars or other activities. At the same time the other guys in the cast just might get enough money to be able to afford to come back the next week and help put on another show.

Honest Dad himself

4 members like this post: chewton, jim goerge, oldfan49, Wayne Davis
11/3/15, 2:32 PM   #3
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
Which do you prefer...TOP laden purse as:
1. 4000
2. 1500
3. 500
4. 300
5. 200
6. 150
7. 125
8. 115
9. 110
10. 100
and down $50.00 to start

Or would you prefer throughout the field:
1. 2000
2. 1000
3. 800
4. 700
5 600
6. 500
7. 450
8. 400
9. 350
10. 300
and down with $200 to start
As a car owner, I prefer spreading out the purse. As a fan, I prefer spreading out the purse. They won't notice but I plan on attending my first King's Royal in 2016. They are finally spreading out the purse. Nuf sed.

4 members like this post: DAD, nathans1012, Sling'n DIRT, Wayne Davis
11/3/15, 3:31 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trecraft View Post
As a car owner, I prefer spreading out the purse. As a fan, I prefer spreading out the purse. They won't notice but I plan on attending my first King's Royal in 2016. They are finally spreading out the purse. Nuf sed.
Slight correction. They ain't spreading out the KR purse. They're adding 50k through the purse.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/3/15, 4:58 PM   #5
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Final Night of The Super Bowl Of Racing's Gator"DIRT"Nationals was formulated in "SPREADING" out the purse as you can see. But with a strong team and some "LUCK" before/during/after the racing 1 racer could come out of this deal $6,500.00 total with Purses and Bonuses + contingency awards...

CORRECTED E-MAIL: E-mail is wayne@ssmidgets.com NOT wayne@midget.com missing (s)

Sat. Nights Payout
Feb. 6

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 11/6/15 at 1:16 PM.

11/3/15, 6:24 PM   #6
wandak

I think you have to balance the payout against the cost to enter/race. We always totaled up the cost of entry fee/pit passes/tires/fuel and placed that against the payout and looking realistically at where we thought we could finish and see if it was financially viable to enter that race. Most promoters base their payout on how many cars they need to put on a good show. If they have more cars than they need and can afford to lose a few based on the payout, they will put more money up front to get the better cars/stars. If they need the cars then they will move more money to the back to be sure they can attract the cars they need.

2 members like this post: Ray3, trecraft
11/3/15, 6:30 PM   #7
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Slight correction. They ain't spreading out the KR purse. They're adding 50k through the purse.
Thanks a lot party pooper. I was going to go because it seemed they were spreading out the new total purse amount. Bah, Nunbug!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
11/3/15, 7:14 PM   #8
bobby01

Dad
How did you get that smart in that few of years ???

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/3/15, 10:36 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby01 View Post
Dad
How did you get that smart in that few of years ???
Bobby

It's plum simple. When I started out touring with the QMA CIRCUIT BACK IN THE 50'S AND 60'S we stayed at and were kicked out of a lot of Holiday Inn's. Most folk would consider me more of a Smart A$$ than smart but at my age I really don't care. I do care dearly about this new form of Midget racing. Like going back to our roots so to speak. If the young guys developing it use just a little common sense they can hopefully come up with a set of guidelines that can make spending tons of money on an engine to be of very little benefit.

I see it as just a progression from Mini Sprint Racing. New motorcycle motors are becoming harder to find and increasing in cost every year. There is a lot of competition just to find a low mileage motor. On the other hand there is an abundance of late model 2.5 liter automotive motors in every scrap yard all over the USA. By allowing both Motorcycle power>Automotive power>chain drive and drive shaft cars race together we open up a lot more possibilitys. Heck I am for allowing older Full Midgets to race also and perhaps even the new midgets if some form of easily enforceable restriction could be developed.

One suggestion I came up with was bringing back the 10" Right rear tire. You, being a racer from that era what is your opinion on using tires for restriction? Would it even up a 150-200 HP power advantage? Would you allow the lower powered cars to race on 12"? Or as most people seem to think I am just Bloviating (Got that word from Bill O'reilly )

Maybe you could take a vacation down south this February and check these DII Midgets out, looks like the pay is going to be pretty good?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/3/15 at 10:39 PM.

11/3/15, 11:02 PM   #10
staggerman

You know one of my pet peaves is paying the same amount from 15th to 24th. Make every position mean something even if it is $10 more per spot!

To answer your question I would prefer spread through field and also reward the guys in the B that don't make the big show

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Purse Payouts