IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Engine rules for D-2 2016-2018
7/7/15, 1:10 PM   #1
Engine rules for D-2 2016-2018
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Come 2016 some changes will be made to the engine package and other things of the current Division II midget series rules. I would however like for any car owner/engine builder/driver to weigh in on this so I can look at input from all angles. Not saying we will or we will not use it but everything will be considered. The current rules can be seen at http://www.ssmidgets.com/rules.html

I will be meeting with Kenny Brown (POWRi) in the next month so the current Division II rules can be revamped/written and established before Sept.2015. I will say this, to me each and everyone of you are "EQUAL" if you run last every week or you win 3 races a weekend, I don't care cause the rules will be written for the common good of everyone. The Division II rules will be written and enforced for 3 years '16'17'18. There might be, as in the pass have amended rules an amended rules will be enforced in a timely manner and will not be changed for any reason the day of the event.

It's ok to post on here but I would certainly like for you to e-mail me at wayne@ssmidgets.com and or sssprints@comcast.net...

Thank you for your time and effort to help Division II midget racing grow and stay affordable.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 7/7/15 at 8:03 PM. Reason: established before Sept.2015

1 member likes this post: MidwestD2Midget
7/7/15, 7:35 PM   #2
Re: Engine rules for D-2 2016-2018
buhrracing

Deleted comment, clarification discussed..
Last edited by buhrracing; 7/7/15 at 8:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: smokintires
7/7/15, 7:47 PM   #3
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhrracing View Post
Clarification........Are you looking at changing the current SS Midget rules or are you going to utilize POWERi rules into the SS Midget series going forward exclusively. The reason I ask is there are LOTS of differences between the two existing series rules that makes a big difference here. Your thread is indicating look at the SS Midget rules, not POWERi.

So are you adding/changing existing SS Midget rules to incorporate "Some" POWERi rules or is the SS Midget series going all out exclusive POWERi rules?
POWRi SSMS and POWRi MWD-2 are the same rules..

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

7/7/15, 7:55 PM   #4
smokintires

Heard Powri allows Carbon Fiber....

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/7/15, 7:59 PM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokintires View Post
Heard Powri allows Carbon Fiber....
smoke

They allow it in the National Midgets Rules. Should not be required with weigh rule as it is unless you want to cover your lead weights with it.

Honest Dad himself

7/7/15, 8:02 PM   #6
smokintires

No mention of it in the Midwest D2 (Powri) rulebook other than no carbon/composite floor pans....

Whether I want to strap lead to my car and run a carbon body or run a glass body with no lead (were talking a difference of 15 pounds here MAYBE), is my own prerogative.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/7/15, 9:35 PM   #7
DAD

Quote:
No mention of it in the Midwest D2 (Powri) rulebook other than no carbon/composite floor pans....

Whether I want to strap lead to my car and run a carbon body or run a glass body with no lead (were talking a difference of 15 pounds here MAYBE), is my own prerogative.
Smoke I don't think you could gain 15 pounds even if you went with $2000.00 worth of Ti. also. Rules that tell a racer they can't do something only make some racers want to do it more. The trick is to make a rule so that spending all that money doesn't do the guy any good. I like lead sheet in the bottom of the seat only as one of the ways to do that.

Sounds like the rules are being consolidated as we speak. So I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.

Honest Dad himself

7/7/15, 10:03 PM   #8
smokintires

Make some fantasy rule that makes carbon have no advantage. Ill still want/do it because I like the look.

You old guys I think just get bored and start making rules up that don't need to be in place (or in your case dad, writing out long winded responses with a bunch of hooplah most don't understand or read lol).... You guys need a secondary hobby for when you're not at the racetrack that doesn't include racing ********.

7 members like this post: DAD, kundog, opnwhlmnd, Racer_dude35, RickyBobby, Scott Bradley, xoxide
7/7/15, 10:18 PM   #9
xoxide

I like this smokintires guy.....

7/7/15, 10:20 PM   #10
DAD

Quote:
Make some fantasy rule that makes carbon have no advantage. Ill still want/do it because I like the look.

You old guys I think just get bored and start making rules up that don't need to be in place (or in your case dad, writing out long winded responses with a bunch of hooplah most don't understand or read lol).... You guys need a secondary hobby for when you're not at the racetrack that doesn't include racing ********.
Smoke

Amen>>>>that weight rule should cover Carbon fiber and Ti. Nobody hates bull s$1T rules more than me. If you want to show up with a $400,000.00 hauler with a Ti frame and carbon fiber body more power to you I'll even come over an admire your equipment a little. You earn your money you should be allowed to spend it on whatever you wish. But you should also have to make the weight rule. It would probably take a 2" thick lead plate. In fact you might have to result to Silver or Gold for the additional weight. \

For some of us we really don't need another hobby My Boat hasn't been i the water for 25 years now. If you manage to keep racing for 50+ years you may have a few changes in your outlook at racing. The prettyest car is the one out front, You know I raced with a guy that had the first carbon fiber bodies out of the mold. Before the carbon fiber his cars were always a beautiful dark Blue with big old real Gold leaf "6" s on them. They were a always lot prettier than his carbon fiber cars. Come to think of it he had a guy that later took the nick name "Smoke" drive for him.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/7/15 at 10:26 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Engine rules for D-2 2016-2018