IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
2/7/15, 2:38 PM   #151
PatrickMead#13

Looking great so far. Gonna be a fun time

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
2/7/15, 3:11 PM   #152
99racing

Have fun

2/8/15, 4:33 AM   #153
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
red70racer

So, after all the bellyaching on here from the "purist" about the 2nd rate race at DuQuoin. I think it went rather well. The folks we had in the stands thought they got their $15.00 dollars worth

2/13/15, 12:10 AM   #154
KJHolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70racer View Post
So, after all the bellyaching on here from the "purist" about the 2nd rate race at DuQuoin. I think it went rather well. The folks we had in the stands thought they got their $15.00 dollars worth
The best part is.... the top 2 runners, Briscoe and Bell..... SIM RACERS... haha : )

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/13/15, 6:58 AM   #155
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Maybe a better way of saying that is, RACERS who also happen to SIM...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 2/13/15 at 7:07 AM.

2/13/15, 10:58 AM   #156
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Maybe a better way of saying that is, RACERS who also happen to SIM...
Jim

We have enough ethnocentrism around IOW to float a boat. That is a good thing because it causes us to take pride in our particular form of the hobby we all love.

Whenever someone make an ethnocentric remark it is made to reinforce their beliefs that what ever form of the hobby that they are pursuing is relevant.

Their are probably at least two particular types of SIM racers.

1. The racer that just can't find enough time in the day to race as much as they want to race and resort to Rental Go Karts, SIM, or anything else around that moves and they can compete competitively with one another.

2. The Racer that for some reason or another can not or does not have the opportunity to race in a real race car and on a real race track. And to reinforces their love for racing they rely on SIM for their gratification.

The number 1 drivers are what make the sport great, these are the guys that truly love racing, they make no distinction on the race track. They don't care if you are a NASCAR Champion or the guy next door their only objective is to outrace you. They in the process make the sport much more relevant to the fans because of these associations with their fans.

The number 2 drivers are also very important because they offer the sounding board and competition that makes this particular form of racing work. After talking with a few people I will concede that SIM is in fact a form of racing, just like Midget, Sprint Car, Mini Sprint, or Hornet. They are raced by racers that LOVE RACING.

To many of you number 2 races out their>>>go to some actual races>>>sign in the pits>>>introduce your selves to the racers whither they be SIM racers or not. They share your love of racing as much as you do. We personalty can not find help at the race track and would love someone with the passion on our team and I bet many other racers are in the same boat as we are.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/15 at 11:08 AM.

2/13/15, 11:15 AM   #157
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Wow. I had to look that up; at first I thought you had butchered "Ecotec" worse than usual...
Not meant to be a slam, I just think Chase & Chris's experience behind an actual wheel probably makes them better SIM racers than the other way around.
And kudos to those who can run on a "virtual" racetrack; I've never been able to successfully negotiate a decent lap, without all of the other sensory information that you get bombarded with in a real-world situation, feeling (and hearing) the track surface, waiting for the right rear to nudge up against the cushion, straining against the g-forces trying to throw you out of your seat, trying to look around that big glob of mud that just hit your face shield right after you pulled your last tear-off.
Don't know how you do it when you don't have all that feedback...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/13/15, 11:34 AM   #158
DAD

Jim

Brian Wiliams and I minored in Sociology together. The two of us set the curve so high that poor Governor Walker had to drop the class.

Guess you aught to get yourself an inexpensive racing wheel set up and give it a Go.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SEAT TIME>> SEAT TIME >>SEAT TIME

"The Devil made me do it" quote Flip Wilson

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/15 at 11:59 AM.

2/13/15, 4:40 PM   #159
cbaumeyer48

2/13/15, 8:33 PM   #160
DAD

Jay

We turned some pretty good times last week, you can always get out your cellphone, find a race on u-tube pick a hot dog out and clock him for 5 or 6 laps until you get him the same place again and divide that time by the laps you clocked.

As far as the other race they don't need cars or attention the fewer cars the better (less Competition) so I will reserve my remarks to this old wore out post.

National powrI pay out http://www.powri.com/ClientFiles/Ima...t%20Payout.pdf

powrI western payout http://www.powri.com/ClientFiles/Ima...t%20Payout.pdf

Honest Dad himself.
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/15 at 7:44 AM.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th