IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The bubs (Offline)
  #41 9/25/22 9:19 PM
I liked seeing carm perigo come from the back up to finish 8 th in the silver crowns cars. He was involved in a wreck early on and did well to overcome things and score a nice finish. If you never met carm he is a great guy, real easy to talk to.
2 Likes: Hubie48, jonboat15
duel (Offline)
  #42 9/26/22 11:55 AM
Great time once again at the 4 crowns. The track was better than I expected. My 2 cents. I would love to see all the dirt champs cars on the front pit road. half at each end. I talked to one driver and he was a little upset they were hiding them out back. I would also like the see their feature run after the midgets. Run the allstar feature last. A good number of people leave before the main 50-lap champ car race.
kb78 (Offline)
  #43 9/26/22 4:48 PM
I must say that off the cuff this was the best Four Crown weekend I have been to in a while. I started at Gas City which was a wise choice. The midgets are always good but the sprint Feature was fantastic, not only did you have a good race for 1-3 but behind them Grant and Ballou were throwing some haymakers for 4th and 5th.
With Eldora we got to see both tracks I think, Friday the fast line was close to the bottom but it was cool to see Moles win and Windom was on a mission coming from the back. You just knew he would be tough Saturday. I didn't think the WoO race was great but it was really cool to see a non-touring guy win with Rico.

Saturday had the fast way right up against the wall by feature time although you could make time around the bottom if you were careful. I enjoyed every race I think.

I don't think we will ever see great car counts in the midgets again, you have to have a big budget to put your car out there. The two best midget drivers in the country right now each destroyed a car and Kofoid tried to hurt himself in the process. The quality of cars are there though and it was still worth it, I hope they keep bringing them back forever.

The USAC sprints are my favorite and I wasn't disapointed, right up against the wall lap after lap and I was never convinced that Grant, Leary or Bacon were going to finish the race unscathed until they crossed the line.

The winged cars put on a nice show and I was happy to see that Seavey and Bacon looked like they belonged with the regulars. Greg Wilson can't qualify for crap, but get him in the show and he can peddle it toward the front every time. I kept a side eye on Ryan Timms as well, he looked good in his Eldora debut.

Seavey is smooth in that Crown car boy. He reminds me of watching Darland up against the wall for fifty laps.

To answer another post, I say keep the Crown cars last and let the wing people clear out the lot for me. You can lead the horse to water. Biggest crowd I have seen on Saturday in some time too, good weather and a local business bought a bunch of tickets for their employees so I think that helped. I always say I can't wait till next year, but I don't mind hitting as many shows as I can between now and then. I hope everyone enjoyrd the race as much as I did.
9 Likes: Blitzman, chrismattlin, duel, dwhitney1169, fish, flagboy55, mlamb, PIT CART, Wendy Atkin
tamati (Offline)
  #44 9/26/22 5:59 PM
Best track prep I have seen in a long time. Had a great time kudos to all the track personal.
8 Likes: Blitzman, Charles Nungester, duel, flagboy55, mc/rider, mlamb, PIT CART, Wendy Atkin