IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > February Lightning Sprint race at DuQuoin
12/7/14, 1:41 PM   #11
Re: February Lightning Sprint race at DuQuoin
DAD

Lightning

who do you race with?

Honest Dad himself

12/7/14, 1:47 PM   #12
Jim Gardner

Austin Archdale won a few IMRA races this year in a 1000 car. Bring them out.

12/7/14, 1:52 PM   #13
bobby01

As soon as they announce the date I'm ready to go. Maybe I can get a couple of guys from hear to go this time.
Bobby Layne

12/7/14, 2:18 PM   #14
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby01 View Post
As soon as they announce the date I'm ready to go. Maybe I can get a couple of guys from hear to go this time.
Bobby Layne
It is Steve's intent to have all the information put out along with Flyers before the POWRI race this month. He wants to start advertising and promoting this event during the POWRI race in hopes of having spectators at this event.

Several have asked about having this on both dates and I will ask Steve but I am guessing for now he just wants to have it on one of the dates.

www.illinimidgets.com

12/7/14, 2:54 PM   #15
lightning01

I run with the IMRA. I don't have much experience, so I'm likely not contending for the win, just excited to runy car somewhat close to home in the winter. There were several 1000cc winners with us this year including Mitch Davis, Andy Buagh and others. The racing between the two car types were very even all season and exciting to watch every night. They would run very well together on that small of a track.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
12/7/14, 7:14 PM   #16
Jim Gardner

Question: what rules package is in place for Duquoin?

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
12/7/14, 7:23 PM   #17
Bradleyracing86

In 06 or 07 Archdale won with a 1200... and I ran 2nd with a R6... Don't think it would matter if you had a v8 or weed eater engine there at the center.

4 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD, jjones752, Tom23
12/7/14, 7:31 PM   #18
DAD

Jim

Steve usually has a simple to the point set of rules. Looks like if he opens it up to Sportsman Midgets it will probably be any Stock Block stock head production engine 2400 cc or less, thus leaving out the purpose built Midget motors. Probably a good idea to start with. I would hope it included the Kenyon Midget Racers, Focus Midget guys and Echo-tecs. I guess if a guy showed up with an Iron duke he would be welcomed to. But for now I would think Autocrafts Pontiacs and other engine with purpose built blocks and heads would be disallowed.

This could help define Midget racing for the future if we get a good enough turn out, I am excited.

Wayne should bring up a few guys from that southern Posy of his and try out some of our Balmy February weather.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Wayne Davis
12/7/14, 7:38 PM   #19
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning01 View Post
I run with the IMRA. I don't have much experience, so I'm likely not contending for the win, just excited to runy car somewhat close to home in the winter. There were several 1000cc winners with us this year including Mitch Davis, Andy Buagh and others. The racing between the two car types were very even all season and exciting to watch every night. They would run very well together on that small of a track.
Lightning

Spread the word around up there. It would be kinda of fun with a some of you guys in the mix.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
12/7/14, 8:32 PM   #20
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim

Steve usually has a simple to the point set of rules. Looks like if he opens it up to Sportsman Midgets it will probably be any Stock Block stock head production engine 2400 cc or less, thus leaving out the purpose built Midget motors. Probably a good idea to start with. I would hope it included the Kenyon Midget Racers, Focus Midget guys and Echo-tecs. I guess if a guy showed up with an Iron duke he would be welcomed to. But for now I would think Autocrafts Pontiacs and other engine with purpose built blocks and heads would be disallowed.

This could help define Midget racing for the future if we get a good enough turn out, I am excited.

Wayne should bring up a few guys from that southern Posy of his and try out some of our Balmy February weather.
, M
Honest Dad himself
It will include the Kenyon Midgets, Focus Midgets and Echo Tecs. Hopefully we can get the word out to those drivers.

www.illinimidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > February Lightning Sprint race at DuQuoin