IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint Car Points Battle
11/9/19, 8:04 AM   #1
USAC Sprint Car Points Battle
campingman

Please explain to me how after the Thursday night race CJ Leary had a 55 point point lead over Tyler Courtney. Then after Friday night the lead has increased to 108 points (2198-2090). This is after an evening where Sunshine qualified higher, won his heat race and finished 7 spots better with a third place podium finish in the Feature.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/9/19, 8:59 AM   #2
JMA1181

I believe there is a typo or a mix up. Based on results from last night and points awarded, points should be as follows:
CJ Leary - 2,122
Tyler Courtney - 2,090

I am not an official or involved in anyway so please don’t take this as being accurate.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/9/19, 9:11 AM   #3
Non wing lover

It ain't who you know it's who you blow

2 members like this post: campingman, tirespinner
11/9/19, 9:53 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

JMA is right. Courtney should have cut 23 points off of Leary’s lead last night. He finished 2 spots better in his heat and 7 spots better in the feature (3 pts per position within the top 10). And neither qualified in the top 6 spots, so no points for either, there. I think the footsteps CJ’s hearing, got a bit louder.
Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 11/9/19 at 12:13 PM.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, dirt330, jim goerge
11/9/19, 10:31 AM   #5
Re: USAC Sprint Car Points Battle
richie

Yes, it was a typo. Leary leads Courtney 2,122 to 2,090. My apologies. Tired eyes got the best of me last night.

11/9/19, 2:05 PM   #6
Re: USAC Sprint Car Points Battle
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Yes, it was a typo. Leary leads Courtney 2,122 to 2,090. My apologies. Tired eyes got the best of me last night.
Night in and night out you get complete results to us extremely quickly. Add to that the fact that you have already had a full day's work when you do it. I'm actually sort of surprised that you keep typos to a minimum during the long season. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint Car Points Battle