IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Back to Arizona
6/16/11, 10:24 PM   #1
USAC Back to Arizona
Kevin Montgomery

The Hall of Fame Classic Returns USAC Sprint Cars to Arizona

Kevin Montgomery PEORIA, Ariz. (June 16th, 2011) – As we approach summer and look to the future as to what the second half of 2011 may bring us, traditional Sprint Car fans can mark their calendar for October 28th and 29th as Canyon Speedway will host the Hall of Fame Classic featuring the stars of the United States Auto Club Sprint Cars.

The Hall of Fame Classic found a home at the Peoria, Arizona race track in 2010 and has quickly become one of the marquee events of the 30 year old facility. The October event will mark the return of USAC Sprint Cars to the Valley of the Sun since the closing of Manzanita Speedway in April 2009. The combination of USAC Sprint Cars and the tradition of the Hall of Fame Classic will likely make for a formidable West Coast Sprint Car event.

"Kevin Montgomery and I have been working on this event for a while now and we are happy to see USAC coming back to Arizona," commented Chris Kearns of USAC. "This will be a great event with an impressive purse and a great start to the USAC Western Swing."

The Arizona Motorsports Hall of Fame was founded in 1986 when the first 10 members were inducted. Since its inception, more than 80 new members have been elected to the elite group that is occupied with a rich racing heritage, one that is abundant with tradition and prestige. The members list is impressive and each of them has made a considerable impact on racing across the country.

The two night USAC Sprint Car event, honoring Hall of Fame members and new inductees, will feature two complete nights of 410 Sprint Car action with the winner of Friday nights preliminary event pocketing $2500 and the eventual Hall of Fame Classic Champion taking home a $5000 payday on Saturday nights finale.

To keep up on all the latest news and happenings please sign up for Canyon Speedway E-News. The track update registration can be found at the top of the home page: www.canyonspeedwaypark.com

The 2011 Canyon Speedway Schedule can be previewed online at: http://www.canyonspeedwaypark.com/schedule.html

Canyon Speedway Park is located in North Peoria off Lake Pleasant Parkway, then 1.3 miles West on Carefree Highway. For more information please, contact the track at 602-258-RACE(7223) or additional information regarding Canyon Speedway Park can be found at www.canyonspeedwaypark.com

6/17/11, 1:43 AM   #2
USAC Back to Arizona @ Canyon 10/28-29!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

with 2 days of USAC 410 racin' at Canyon Spdwy Park!!...can't wait...thanks CK/KM, for getn this show back to the Phx area,for all us Sprint Car Fans far & wide!!...JMG, that this will be added to a USAC Sched.in the near future??...............

2 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, IndyBound
6/17/11, 9:47 AM   #3
Re: USAC Back to Arizona
IndyBound

Brucer like you I'm excited USAC is coming back to AZ., actually I would described me as being half a happy camper, now if we can also get USAC back to PIR that would make me a total happy camprer.

USAC sprints back on dirt and midgets and silver crown on pavement in Phoenix would make for the perfect racing world in Phoenix. I keep hoping!!!!

Patti

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, I Miss Manzy
6/17/11, 1:31 PM   #4
racinround

Midgets on the mile....it was always my favorite race at Copper World. Glad to have USAC back in AZ.
Last edited by racinround; 6/17/11 at 1:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/17/11, 1:50 PM   #5
racefan20

Dont see it on their website but I did see they added Hanford the week after the Ovals

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/17/11, 2:15 PM   #6
USAC Back to Arizona @ Canyon 10/28-29!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont see it on their website but I did see they added Hanford the week after the Ovals
Yep John...USAC/CRA sched has "ONLY" a TBA last w/e in Oct.!!..... thinkn that mita been orig. a "TBA" for Victorville??....sure it will be added to one sched or the other....JMG it will be CRA!!........

6/17/11, 4:10 PM   #7
PittDude

Just need the Crown cars back on dirt too.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/11, 4:10 PM   #8
Re: USAC Back to Arizona @ Canyon 10/28-29!!.
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
Yep John...USAC/CRA sched has "ONLY" a TBA last w/e in Oct.!!..... thinkn that mita been orig. a "TBA" for Victorville??....sure it will be added to one sched or the other....JMG it will be CRA!!........
John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/17/11, 5:55 PM   #9
Re: USAC Back to Arizona @ Canyon 10/28-29!!.
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I thought he meant it was going to be a national show. He probably should have made that clear in his post.
I also thought he was talking about a national event, John.

Patti

6/17/11, 6:46 PM   #10
racinround

It would be nice if it was a "National" event, but hey...the CRA is a good thing...and a lot better than what we've had the last couple of years in the way of 410 racing. It's a shame the original Copper on Dirt format got scrapped and CRA no longer makes regular stops here.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Back to Arizona