IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cockpit adjustable shocks
4/1/14, 6:58 AM   #1
Cockpit adjustable shocks
Dan4809

I just got some cockpit adjustable shocks for a TQ and not sure how to figure out where the starting point for the rebound. I have the dyno sheets for the shocks, but very confused on the numbers. I have two shocks that are adjustable, the one you have to do at the base of the shock and you can feel it click, however it seems to turn alot more than it's adjustment range, same as the back, but it does not click and it definetley turns alot more than it's range. Am I going to need a dyno to know where the starting point is, and should I only be turning the adjuster the amount of turns the rebound states on the dyno sheet, example 7 rebound adjustments means only 7 turns of the adjuster. Very confused on the starting point. Thanks Dan

4/1/14, 9:16 AM   #2
thebus79h

What brand of shocks? Do you know the compression valving and the range of rebound valving?

4/1/14, 9:50 AM   #3
Re: Cockpit adjustable shocks
Dan4809

I have the info at home, they are infinity shocks

4/1/14, 12:13 PM   #4
DAD

Dan

For the money you spent on the shocks, don't mess around here, get on the phone..Buying shocks is not a one time deal for most of us, they need to go back ever so often for repairs and up dates. Your shock guy is part of your team pick his brain for all it is worth. He want's your business and the best way to get it is earn it.

Honest Dad himself

4/1/14, 3:37 PM   #5
sprintracer82

Call Aj and talk to him. He has always been a huge help to me on his shocks. I thought a shock was what it said on the end of it till he showed me the Infinity way!call Aj at 765 865 1073. He is the best there is.
Nick Landon.
Last edited by sprintracer82; 4/1/14 at 3:48 PM.

4/1/14, 4:43 PM   #6
Dan4809

A J has been helping alot. I'm just trying to understand how they work without bothering him all the time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cockpit adjustable shocks