IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of Indy
5/25/17, 12:25 AM   #41
Re: Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of
TEI PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Really? Big or small block mods? What engine size?
Last year it was the DIRTcar UMP Modifieds seen around most of the midwest.

5/25/17, 6:11 AM   #42
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akracer48 View Post
If I remember correctly the modifieds were turning quicker times than the champ cars last year, so I'd say its safe to assume that Mid American stock cars will not be the same as the mods.
I don't believe that's accurate. Last year's mod pole was a 35 something and the champ car with Swanson was in the low 33's. I do like the mods on the mile. I think it was just getting harder too get a decent car count. I have no idea what this other stock car series running this year will be like.

5/25/17, 7:14 AM   #43
TEI PR

IT IS 63rd Annual Hoosier Hundred RACE DAY! Mother Nature is shining down after washing out the scheduled kickoff of the Week of Indy last night at the Terre Haute Action Track.

Tonight, the tradition of Big Cars on the Indy Mile continues with plenty of interesting story lines coming in. At the end of 100 grueling laps, someone will write their name in the history books and join legends of motorsports including A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Bryan, Eddie Sachs, and Jack Hewitt. Kody Swanson looks to join Al Unser as the only other driver to ever win 4 consecutive Hoosier Hundred events.

Accompanying the USAC Racing Silver Crown Series portion of the program capped with a 100 lap feature, is the Mid-American Stock Car Series which will make their first ever appearance on the Indy Mile in what should also be a great race.

Additional excitement surrounds pre-race festivities as local country phenom, 17 year old Dylan Schneider of Terre Haute, IN will perform the National Anthem before the start of the 63rd Hoosier Hundred feature event.

Full event details below:

Thursday, May 25th

63rd Annual Hoosier Hundred
Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center
Indianapolis, Indiana

Divisions Racing:
USAC Racing Silver Crown Series presented by Traxxas
Mid-American Stock Car Series

Times (all times ET):
Pit gates will open at 12:00
Grandstands at 3:00
Hot Laps start at 5:00
Racing begins for Mid-Am at 7:00,
Pre Race Ceremonies (Awards, Driver Intros, Taps, God Bless America, National Anthem) 7:30
Hoosier 100 scheduled for an 8:00 green flag.

Pricing:
$30 Adults at the gate.
$10 for Kids
Infield tickets will be available
$15 for adults
$5 for kids 11 and under.

Pit Prices:
USAC Members $30
Non-Members $35

For more information, contact Track Enterprises by calling the office at 217-764-3200 or by visiting their website at www.trackenterprises.com

Follow Track Enterprises online at https://www.trackenterprises.com/, like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and follow them on Twitter (@TEIRacing)

Follow USAC online at www.usacracing.com, like them on Facebook (https://http://usacracing.com/), and follow them on Twitter (@USACNation)

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
5/25/17, 2:02 PM   #44
otgracing17

Rained out

5/25/17, 2:41 PM   #45
TEI PR

HOOSIER HUNDRED POSTPONED; HULMAN CLASSIC RESCHEDULED!

Thursday night’s “Hoosier Hundred” at the Indiana State Fairgrounds has been postponed due to heavy rain.

Track Enterprises and USAC officials waited for the track to come around after continuous precipitation overnight and into the morning hours saturated the Indy Mile racing surface.* But the surface was unable to withstand the showers, giving officials no choice but to put a halt to tonight’s racing activities.

Track Enterprises and USAC are currently discussing a makeup date for the 63rd running of the “Hoosier Hundred” featuring the USAC Silver Crown Champ Car Series presented by TRAXXAS.* Stay tuned to http://www.usacracing.com/ and its social media networks for further announcements.

The “Week of Indy” continues Friday night, May 26, at Lucas Oil Raceway with the Silver Crown Series’ “Carb Night Classic.”* The 100-lap event will be the first of two appearances by the Silver Crown cars at LOR in 2017.

Spectator gates for Friday night’s “Carb Night Classic” at Lucas Oil Raceway open at 2:45pm, hot laps at 4pm, ProSource Qualifying at 5:30, with racing set to begin at 6:30pm.

Additionally, the postponed “Tony Hulman Classic” USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car event has been rescheduled for Friday, June 23 at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track.

For more information on all the “Week of Indy” events, please visit http://www.usacracing.com/ or http://www.trackenterprises.com/.
Reply Quote Report Like

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
5/25/17, 4:12 PM   #46
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEI PR View Post
Last year it was the DIRTcar UMP Modifieds seen around most of the midwest.
Its funny to us east coast guys that they even call ump's modifieds. They aint.

5/25/17, 4:32 PM   #47
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Educate me?

5/25/17, 6:35 PM   #48
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
You guys call them E Mods?
Out here they run UMP's rules so they are UMP Mods.
There is also IMCA,AMRA sanctions of E Mods so we call them just IMCA Mods or AMRA Mods.

If you refer to something else I'm lost.

5/26/17, 7:53 AM   #49
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_says17 View Post
Educate me?
That's because these are what we call modifieds here in the east. I like the UMP and IMCA style mods, but they are a LOT different from a east/northeast mod.

Last edited by davidm; 5/26/17 at 7:57 AM. Reason: typo

5/26/17, 9:55 AM   #50
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
That's because these are what we call modifieds here in the east. I like the UMP and IMCA style mods, but they are a LOT different from a east/northeast mod.
But they are modified. I guess the confusion. Is when they get called just mods.
When we say mod we mean UMP style. She. You say mod you mean Big Block.

Hear in mid west we usually just call those Big Blocks with or with out the mod. But we seldom get to see those cars race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of Indy