IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin
3/30/08, 10:56 PM   #1
POWRi at DuQuoin
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Enjoyed a great night of racing at DuQuoin last night. There were 82 micros on hand. Twenty one total races were run and we were on our way home around 10:00 PM. Brad Loyet only led the last few feet of the midget feature, but they were the ones that counted. The micros ran ten heats in only forty minutes.

3/31/08, 12:27 AM   #2
Re: POWRi at DuQuoin
Millsvideo

Yes, indeed...It was a great night of racing last night at the Southern Illinois Center. The show was action packed, concise, and smoothly run. POWRi brought it's two series push vehicles and fired all the midgets off event by event in a timely manner. They entertained the fans and had everyone on their way home by 10:30pm. 21 races were run in just over 4 and a half hours, complete with multiple track prep breaks. It was a great night of racing, capped off by Brad Loyet's last corner, last lap pass of Daniel Adler for the victory. Adler led 29 and 999/1000 of a lap but came up just a tiny bit short, losing to the reigning POWRi champion. Also, it was cool to see Brady Bacon beat 81 other micro drivers in convincing fashion to win the 600 event.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Highlights will be forthcoming at www.millsvideoproductions.com

*addendum* After reading the POWRi press release, I didn't realize that Loyet had actually led at the stripe at the white flag, so technically he led 2 laps. However, he wasn't leading on the backchute heading to the checkered and did have to repass Adler exiting turn 4 for the victory. It was a really intense finish to a fantastic evening.

DM

3/31/08, 12:57 AM   #3
RDS2

Mills
It was a good event and fun seeing everyone getting out and finely enjoying some racing in this area. Glad I had the oppertunity to be there.
Ron

3/31/08, 9:05 AM   #4
petey

The mini-mile provided yet another photo finish for the mibgets! Awesome drive by Loyet and a terrific car count for the micros. Great crowd that keeps getting bigger and bigger everytime I go. Good to have Jackslash and Mills in the house as well. \m/_(-.-)_\m/

If you've never been to the mini-mile yet it's definitely worth checking out.

3/31/08, 9:10 AM   #5
Ovalmeister

How was the midget car count there? Might have to add this place on to my "to-do" list
David.

3/31/08, 11:17 AM   #6
miledirt

So was that the last show there til the fair?

3/31/08, 11:47 AM   #7
Jackslash.com

I have said it before and I will say it again. The POWRi Series has their act together. Mills pretty much said it all in his post about how smooth everything went. I have seen 5 or 6 POWRi races and every single one of them has been GREAT!

Kenny Brown, Jim Siner, Jim Childers, and the rest of the POWRi crew are second to none. They lead by example. It is no coicidence that O'Reilly Auto Parts, Lucas Oil Products,Toyota, and Budweiser support this series. These guys treat everyone with respect. It does not matter who you are. It doesn't matter if you pull into the pits with a stacker or open trailer. They play no favorites.

You walk through the pits and everyone has a smile on their face and people are happy to be there. Drivers and crews actually talk to the officials. Drivers and crews actually have nice things to say about the series and the way it is run. It is everything racing should be.

Yes, there is no Tony Stewart or Kasey Kahne factory teams, but I will tell you who is there. Two "off duty" USAC officials working for POWRi having the time of their lives and having fun.

It must be nice for those guys to officiate a night of racing and not be hated or yelled at by drivers, crews, and fans.

It must be the yellow and navy.....

"POWRi till I die!"

Jackslash.com

3/31/08, 12:47 PM   #8
speedy1

we love how they run the shows and how many they can get in a year,(think they are up to like 33 or so). The ONLY bad thing about this group (Jim and Kenny) is that none of the sponsership money is going to the "racers" it is goin into browns racing fund, and Jims new house. As of this past mounth Brown has had 2 new minisprints, 2 new spikes so that makes 3 now, 2 eslingers and a new toyota is on the way. Herd that loyets will not be runniong all the races this year bc to win the championship last year they got the huge sum of 1,000 dollers. Last but not least is if you know you can not win the race might as well pull in bc there is no puse from 2nd on back, not worth being out there!!!

3/31/08, 6:15 PM   #9
DonMoore10

Hmmm... speedy1. Where were you with ur opinions when almost every midget owner (except me) in America was mortgaging all their possessions to fill the pockets of the two promoters in Tulsa? Don't fault Brown and Siner when the biggest midget promotion in the country pays a penny purse and all the midget crowd can't wait to get in the door and go broke. The two Tulsa guys set a terrible example for Brown and Siner and all the other midget promoters in the world of how to Scr$# the participants and yet the midget guys walk out of there with a smile on their face. If by any chance the new leadership of the USAC would ever bother to think of instituting some drastic rules to lower the costs of running a midget team, instead of 26 midgets/80 mini sprints.. we would see 80 midgets/80 mini sprints at DuQuoin. Look for snowballs in July in Florida before that happens. In the meantime, I'm sitting here clipping coupons so I can keep my team alive for the sixth year I've been in racing. And I just got done reading the ad advertising the $37,000 plus Fontana midget engine telling me if I want to be upfront that I have to have it. I think I hear Sonny And Cher singing AND THE BEAT GOES ON............

Don Moore
midget number 10

3/31/08, 7:21 PM   #10
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Hmmm... speedy1. Where were you with ur opinions when almost every midget owner (except me) in America was mortgaging all their possessions to fill the pockets of the two promoters in Tulsa? Don't fault Brown and Siner when the biggest midget promotion in the country pays a penny purse and all the midget crowd can't wait to get in the door and go broke. The two Tulsa guys set a terrible example for Brown and Siner and all the other midget promoters in the world of how to Scr$# the participants and yet the midget guys walk out of there with a smile on their face. If by any chance the new leadership of the USAC would ever bother to think of instituting some drastic rules to lower the costs of running a midget team, instead of 26 midgets/80 mini sprints.. we would see 80 midgets/80 mini sprints at DuQuoin. Look for snowballs in July in Florida before that happens. In the meantime, I'm sitting here clipping coupons so I can keep my team alive for the sixth year I've been in racing. And I just got done reading the ad advertising the $37,000 plus Fontana midget engine telling me if I want to be upfront that I have to have it. I think I hear Sonny And Cher singing AND THE BEAT GOES ON............

Don Moore
midget number 10
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeees back and slamming Tulsa which is 8 months away.

WOW

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin