IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway Dome test
12/12/17, 11:09 PM   #1
Gateway Dome test
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Looks like Landon Simon and crew had their midget, non wing Sprint, and wing car in the dome today. Testing looked really good. Midget race in there would be outstanding.

12/13/17, 12:21 AM   #2
Re: Gateway Dome test
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

https://www.facebook.com/GatewayDirt...riend_activity

12/13/17, 12:22 AM   #3
chathamracefan

Really wish this event and DuQuoin could be spread apart and not on the same weekend.

12/13/17, 1:49 PM   #4
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Looks like Landon Simon and crew had their midget, non wing Sprint, and wing car in the dome today. Testing looked really good. Midget race in there would be outstanding.
My wife and I talked last year when we went to the late model race on Friday and we both thought that this would be a good track for midgets. Not quite sure if sprints would be that good of a show but would attend to check it out for sure. Hope promoter, Cody Sommer, does not make it into a seven or eight hour show like the late models. Limit the fields (to 40 or 50) and don't run more than two open wheeled divisions at any event. Maybe run non-wing sprints and midgets in one show and winged sprints and winged 600 micros in a second show. People don't want to be there for seven hours or more. Certainty takes away from the enjoyment of the event for us. Just my thoughts.

Bruce Eckel

12/13/17, 2:23 PM   #5
interpreter66

Cody was wandering if wing cars had run in a dome before ? Yes
1992 woo were main event TBARA 360 wing cars were the support class at the then called sun coast dome in st.pete fl.
Now it is called Tropicana field home of the tamp bay rays MLB team
Last edited by interpreter66; 12/13/17 at 6:12 PM.

2 members like this post: rmcar, smith19
12/13/17, 2:58 PM   #6
treecitytornado

Winged and Non-Wing Sprint Cars indoors would be cool on that track. The Florida Suncoast Dome had a WoO Show in the early 90s, but several guys didn't get their $$. Non-Wing Sprints in the Hoosier Dome was OK, but track was definitely too small.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/13/17, 3:42 PM   #7
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Winged and Non-Wing Sprint Cars indoors would be cool on that track. The Florida Suncoast Dome had a WoO Show in the early 90s, but several guys didn't get their $$. Non-Wing Sprints in the Hoosier Dome was OK, but track was definitely too small.
When did wingless sprints race in the Hoosier Dome? I was there for midgets several times but wasn't aware that the sprint cars ever raced there.

12/13/17, 3:57 PM   #8
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
When did wingless sprints race in the Hoosier Dome? I was there for midgets several times but wasn't aware that the sprint cars ever raced there.
Feb 2003. Tony Elliott won the A. It was a midget and sprint double header ran by the Rumble In Ft Wayne Guys. I can say I am 1 of only 4 guys to win a sprint car heat in the Hoosier Dome LOL (Was not to hard since I started on the pole). I am glad I can say I ran a sprint car and midget in the Hoosier Dome thanks to Tony and Millie Epperson.

12/13/17, 4:01 PM   #9
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Google 2003 Thunder In The Dome. Steve Hardin has some cool pictures and video of the race.

2 members like this post: ISF, tirespinner
12/13/17, 4:35 PM   #10
Kydehart

I miss thunder in the dome

2 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway Dome test