IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best rumor ever
12/12/17, 10:08 PM   #21
TKRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I was at Daugherty for their ISW show,good attendance,good car count,so dusty though one couldn't see the cars coming outta turn 4,have no idea how the drivers could see.
I don't remember a Midget Week show there?
Dan,
There might not have been, but I thought there was. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong haha

12/12/17, 10:18 PM   #22
treecitytornado

Sprint Week raced a Daughtery/Kamp several years ago. Fun place to race a Sprint Car!

12/12/17, 10:58 PM   #23
Re: Best rumor ever
stockracer

Plymouth isn't ideal by any means ..surface is a mess...and there was a midget week race at Kamp...Tony Barhorst(from FTW Rumble) was promoter, had a dragon car eater there for intermission entertainment....same as sprint week, great race.
Last edited by stockracer; 12/12/17 at 11:03 PM. Reason: because

2 members like this post: tirespinner, WinglessLovers
12/12/17, 11:34 PM   #24
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockracer View Post
Plymouth isn't ideal by any means ..surface is a mess...
I thought it was a huge mistake to leave the pavement under the dirt. Mansfield did the right thing and ripped up the pavement when they transitioned to dirt. Plymouth has a very nice facility, but the track surface does seem to present some challenges. I’ve seen it when it’s really good, and when it was awful. On the nights it was really good, it took quite a while to get it there.

5 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, tirespinner, Tony74, WinglessLovers
12/13/17, 12:10 AM   #25
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I know a track in Jennings county....

12/13/17, 2:31 AM   #26
racinrich

I've seen many great ISW races at that track in Jennings county. It would be a fine choice.

2 members like this post: fishnman, tirespinner
12/13/17, 9:27 AM   #27
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I thought it was a huge mistake to leave the pavement under the dirt. Mansfield did the right thing and ripped up the pavement when they transitioned to dirt. Plymouth has a very nice facility, but the track surface does seem to present some challenges. I’ve seen it when it’s really good, and when it was awful. On the nights it was really good, it took quite a while to get it there.
Plymouth isn't perfect but it is cool that they added open wheel cars on occasion, we enjoyed running there and would have loved running there or Mountpellior weekly. Having another track in the other direction of 465 as time wise when working its hard to go south. I will admit when we first looked at the track with cement uncovered we were not sure but it proved to not really be a problem

Jerry

Jerry

1 member likes this post: wilbur
12/13/17, 10:16 AM   #28
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
Mike for President. Great thoughts all around, would love to see Plymouth kick things off.
Thanks for the nomination, Rich, but I wouldn't make a good candidate. There are not enough skeletons in my closet for the press to run with. They'd have to report facts, and no one wants boring news to read on their phone while driving.

But back on THIS topic: In all actuality, I am hoping for Plymouth to get another so there is another race close to home for me (and you).

Here is a question, though: Has any track run two ISW races in the same year? I know this has happened during Ohio Sprint Speedweek w/ the All Stars before.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/13/17, 12:17 PM   #29
Sandy Lowe

Lawrenceburg had back-to-back Sprint Week races about 10 years ago.

7/11/07 - Jon Stanbrough
7/12/07 - Dave Darland
7/9/08 - Jeff Bland, Jr.
7/10/08 - Brady Short

Gas City also held back-to-back races in 2007 after the Dave Allison “incident”

7/13/07 - Daron Clayton
7/14/07 - Jon Stanbrough
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 12/13/17 at 12:26 PM.

12/13/17, 12:27 PM   #30
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I think if Gas City is a no go reward Kokomo with a two day show to kick off ISW. They deserve a payback to recoup from the financial bath they took by rescheduling the Gas City race last year!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best rumor ever