IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why end the season out west
8/11/17, 11:24 PM   #1
Why end the season out west
david mitchell
Banned

Why is it that usac continues to end the season and take the championship to the west coast.i have talked to many fans who support the series all year who find this incredible and have thought this for a long time.sort of like the nfl having the season here and then the super bowl in europe.if perris wants usac tell them to find dates in early october and finish the season here with say a terre haute,kokomo two race final.i don't honestly see how any race fan around here cannot believe this is honestly the best way to have it.i am sure there will be though.lets here opinions.

1 member likes this post: nedra_bahler_835@com
8/12/17, 1:05 AM   #2
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

When you have fans all over the country does it really matter where the final is? That would be like saying why start the season in Florida why not start in Indiana and race Florida in late April early may.
Last edited by Fred Zirzow; 8/12/17 at 1:07 AM.

8/12/17, 1:27 AM   #3
Re: Why end the season out west
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No law on not starting your own series and running it how you see fit.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, Rich Mersereau
8/12/17, 2:01 AM   #4
tdt636

i figured since you seem to be the weatherman you would know its kinda cold and sometimes snowy in Indiana in November. Not ideal racing weather

8/12/17, 2:39 AM   #5
Kydehart

I've always assumed it to be a weather thing. Start the season in Florida where it's hopefully nice and end it out west where it's hopefully nice. We're spoiled here to be within a couple hours driving for most of the races. I'm not upset I have to watch highlights or read updates about who wins the season championship. It's a national series encompassing the nation. And the oval nationals are a huge event. glad Perris puts them on. Just out of curiosity and to keep your discussion going, what is it that you feel is wrong with it being out west? Do you feel like we're getting cheated on the Midwest because we have the biggest fan base? In that same vein, do you feel like we have more of a right to crown the national champ here in the Midwest? Just wondering your thoughts. I don't care where the season starts or ends as long as there is a season.

2 members like this post: erich45, GYATK94
8/12/17, 2:46 AM   #6
jdull99

Global warming is making it worse...lol (jk...It's currently 62deg in August in IL...). But srsly, I do wonder the same about IRL...they should have their championship race on the road coarse @ IMS, but on the same wknd NASCAR is gona be there next year (September). Whichever one would be easier to run the roadcoarse 1st day or 2nd day...one of them would have to go against the NFL...is what it is...be cool to decide the IRL champ & Cup "playoff" contenders the same wknd...(& then skip the May IRL race on the roadcoarse...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/12/17, 8:10 AM   #7
BrentTFunk

It is probably because it is a NATIONAL series and when it gets cold here, it is warm there. I have been there twice, and it was a great experience. I can not afford to go every year, but hope to do it again.

8/12/17, 1:04 PM   #8
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Why is it that usac continues to end the season and take the championship to the west coast.i have talked to many fans who support the series all year who find this incredible and have thought this for a long time.sort of like the nfl having the season here and then the super bowl in europe.if perris wants usac tell them to find dates in early october and finish the season here with say a terre haute,kokomo two race final.i don't honestly see how any race fan around here cannot believe this is honestly the best way to have it.i am sure there will be though.lets here opinions.
When reading this narrative I'm trying to decide what degree of stupid we are dealing with. To complain about the last race of a national series being run in California as being wrong makes zero
sense. To suggest a two race wknd in Indiana having to be the way to finish makes even less sense. The USAC season for all intents and purposes is basically regional with a week in Pa, a wknd in Fla,Az,and Ca every year, with one or two other dates that vary. So the whole National term is a little bit of a stretch. To complain about them not finishing in Indiana in mid to late October is hilarious. Over the course of the last 20 years of coming to Indiana 5-6 times per year I have realized that support for early and late season races is weak at best by the local fan base. I have seen it and have read about the light turnouts many times. Heck, most of the spoiled fan base sat home from Gas City for the ISW make up in July. All of the excuses were laughable. Where I live we open the last Saturday in Feb. Lincoln is usually packed even if it's 35 degrees out. This would not happen in Indiana. We also run into October with a couple of tracks into November. Furthermore I'm sure Don Kazarian would love for you to explain to him why he should change the dates of his high dollar race to appease your feelings. Btw other than Smackdown, the September race in Haubstadt, and Lawrenceburg when do they run for big money??? The Indiana fan base has everything it could want, yet I read this post and wonder if you realize how lucky you really are. I'm sure many of you do get it and are greatful for what you have, but when I read something like this I wonder how many really do. As Mr. Nungester said there are no laws
about how to make a schedule. Maybe he should have said good common sense is the best way to make a schedule. Smackdown is almost here and the truck is ready for the 10 hour ride. Let's hope all of the local fans support it EVERY nite so we can continue to enjoy events like this.

4 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
8/12/17, 1:24 PM   #9
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
When reading this narrative I'm trying to decide what degree of stupid we are dealing with.
You won't have to read too many of his posts to figure it out,
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, opnwhlmnd
8/12/17, 1:24 PM   #10
david mitchell
Banned

The fanbase of major league baseball is in the u.s. Lets have the world series in japan.its ok though because it is big in japan.you guys seem to have answers to everything.same thing with indycar.fan base and most circuits are around here.where do they finish.california.absolutely incredible.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why end the season out west