IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best rumor ever
12/13/17, 9:35 PM   #31
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
I think if Gas City is a no go reward Kokomo with a two day show to kick off ISW. They deserve a payback to recoup from the financial bath they took by rescheduling the Gas City race last year!
I thought this would be the obvious forum choice when this thread began. I only mentioned Montpelier in my earlier post for the hope to include additional venues throughout the state. I would LOVE to see Paragon, Brownstown, Plymouth, Daughtery, North Vernon, and or any other Indiana track out there I missed in the mix for the date. Let's not forget this date is more than likely Gas City's date to lose. I wish nothing but the best for a new promoter at Gas City!

12/14/17, 5:55 PM   #32
Re: Best rumor ever
BrentTFunk

While I think everyone has good ideas, if I was one of the Sprintweek promoters there would be several things I would consider. Number one does this track work with us or against us. When Kokomo moved their weekly show to Saturday night, they lost their SprintWeek show. I understand that. When SprintWeek started all tracks charged the same and ran one other class. Tracks worked together. When Paragon was dropped they changed admission price, and added extra classes. This has been done at MidgetWeek the last couple of years. It started at $20 and it was only sprints. I wish they would go back to that.
Another thing I would look at is will this track be good for first time fans? Last year for the first time every Indianapolis TV channel talked about SprintWeek on the evening news. Will the new track add to it or chase coverage away? Everyone wants sponsor and purses to grow and this is how it happens.
I like every track that has been mentioned, but if they cannot excede Gas City there is no reason to switch. Lets hope the tracks in Indiana work with each other. Look at last fall in Pennsylvania, every track benefited by working together. I plan on hitting them all. Turned in time off today.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 12/15/17 at 1:17 PM.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Kydehart, mc/rider, oppweld, tqracer53
12/14/17, 6:04 PM   #33
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
While I think everyone has good ideas, if I was one of the Sprintweek promoters there would be several things I would consider. Number one does this track work with us or against us. When Kokomo moved their weekly show to Saturday night, they lost their SprintWeek show. I understand that. When SprintWeek started all tracks charged the same and ran one other class. Tracks worked together. When Pargon was dropped they changed admission price, and added extra classes. This has been done at MidgetWeek the last couple of years. It started at $20 and it was only sprints. I wish they would go back to that.
Another thing I would look at is will this track be good for first time fans? Last year for the first time every Indianapolis TV channel talked about SprintWeek on the evening news. Will the new track add to it or chase coverage away? Everyone wants sponsor and purses to grow and this is how it happens.
I like every track that has been mentioned, but if they cannot excede Gas City there is no reason to switch. Lets hope the tracks in Indiana work with each other. Look at last fall in Pennsylvania, every track benefited by working together. I plan on hitting them all. Turned in time off today.
Alright! Hope to see ya at Eastern Storm!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/14/17, 6:31 PM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Alright! Hope to see ya at Eastern Storm!
Sorry no PA this year. Will you be in Indiana any?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best rumor ever